OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Hey Fabulous, i am a newbie, i am using terminal emulator and when i type cp /sdcard/nextheme/framework-res.apk /system/framework/ i get a message saying "no such file or directory. can anybody help me?

my phone is rooted. i have metamorph. i have been trying for hours
Hey, fabulous or anybody. i am using a terminal emulator i downloaded off the market called android terminal emulator. i put in su and it asks for superuser permission. then the next line is cool, but the third line it always says "no such file or directory(cp /sdcard/nextheme/framework-res.apk /system/framework/). can anybody help me. im a kind of retarded so can some put it on youtube. i tried everything. i have root explorer too. how do i extract. with root explorer or metamorph or the computer which? please help i like theme, but it seems im the only one who cant get it

Make sure that you put the framework-res and services files into the "nextheme" directory on your sdcard.

Also, make sure that you don't have your sd card mounted while you're connected to the computer (that is, have it in PC mode, and not mass storage mode).

Updated OP w/ a new version that has the fixed .xmls for the progress bar.

If you're using an older version of NexTheme, all you need to push is the framework-res.apk.

I did the update and didn't see a change in the download bar. Has anyone else tried the update?

Then you probably didn't notice the bug before :)

Broken link for download. Please fix

Works for me. Is your ISP blocking mediafire?

fbmustang69

Reaction score
what I notice is a progress bar that flashes black. Is that what it is supposed to do? It dosn't bother me just thought i would let you know.

Breezer23

Reaction score
This is the weirdest thing ever! I used this theme originally - all went well. I then decided to try your rEVOlution theme - all went well. I wanted to go back to the NEXtheme so here I am.

Odd thing, I moved the framework-res.apk per your directions and the same as I always have. Upon reboot, which went fine, my ADB Shell can no longer find the device. I've rebooted my phone, the computer, pulled the battery, everything. Strange stuff.
-Travis

EDIT: How strange. After switching the mounting modes between Charging Only, PC Mode, USB Mass Storage a half dozen times it decided to work again....

SkeetSkeet

Reaction score
I just installed the leaked 2.2 and was wondering if this theme will work with the new FroYo. If anybody has tried please post your results. Thanks in advance

validoption

Reaction score
I just installed the leaked 2.2 and was wondering if this theme will work with the new FroYo. If anybody has tried please post your results. Thanks in advance

I wouldn't try it. Going from my experience with theming the D1, 2.2 themes are not 2.1 compatible and vice versa; certain files need to be adjusted/tweaked/etc.

freebird_78

Reaction score
So, from what I've read, the framework is different from 2.1 to 2.2. So if you have a working framework for 2.2 (like on XDA dev with the dark grey for froyo, which works) can the rest of this theme work assuming you skip the framework push?

validoption

Reaction score
So, from what I've read, the framework is different from 2.1 to 2.2. So if you have a working framework for 2.2 (like on XDA dev with the dark grey for froyo, which works) can the rest of this theme work assuming you skip the framework push?

It's not just the framework. 2.2 on DroidX is odexed, whereas 2.1 was deodexed. You should not attempt to apply any theme made for 2.1 to 2.2.

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
For 2.2:

Fabolous_NexTheme_DX.zip

You must have a deodexed system first. Then, you can install the file w/ Koush's recovery (install .zip from sd card)

I'll have a more detailed write up on how to install this tonight.

dfitz

Reaction score

Exiled

Reaction score
I really want this theme, but I'm not comfortable with deodexing my X. I was able to install the 2.1 REVOlution theme, but this just seems a little over my head. I dunno if I'm tech-savvy enough to do this with out screwing up. Is this the only way of theming the X now?

validoption

Reaction score
For 2.2:

Fabolous_NexTheme_DX.zip

You must have a deodexed system first. Then, you can install the file w/ Koush's recovery (install .zip from sd card)

I'll have a more detailed write up on how to install this tonight.

Is the only deodexed system that nandroid backup that teenfaces put up? Link to thread below...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/74122-2-2-6-froyo-deodexed-themed.html

As far as I've seen, it's the only one. Of course, you could also just deodex your own system.