[Theme] NexTheme for Droid X (BETA)

Hoax55

Reaction score
You should be typing reboot as a whole differentaction

Kjguy43

Reaction score
Hi. New here.

I have the droidx and its rooted. I did the above instructions. Everything worked perfect till I opened metamorph.

When I open and click on install new themes it opens the folder for android. I hit the small arrow on the bottom of the screen. Goto nextheme, open that folder and there are no files there.

Any ideas? Did I do something wrong. The phone rebooted twice, I have the black task bar, however my icons on the dock look nothing like above screenshoot. The icons are the same as before in the setting screen as well.

I can see the differnt style icons in each folder in android thems that was extracted from the download.

Or could it be because I am using launcher apl?

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
To get the app icons and settings icons, you'll need to complete the Metamorph step.

To do so, open Metamorph and click Start Checks. Wait for it to finish. Now click Unzip/Extract new theme. Pick the zip file you extracted (MM-NexTheme-DroidX.zip) and wait for it to unzip. Then you should be given a list of things it is going to theme. If you want them all then click Apply All and wait.

Rstran916

Reaction score
i tried typing reboot as a different action but i still had the same error.

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Those looking to get back to stock can use this file:

Back_to_stock.zip

There are extra apps in the MM on purpose, since you can use this with other themes as well (and possibly more things will be themed in future releases of NexTheme)

Use the same instructions as installing this theme.

dfitz

Reaction score
Everything's great, but one "bug" (I'm not even sure if it's a bug) is whenever you have a progress bar starting (like for a download or install,) it flashes between white with a faded outline (see cap below) and the progress bar on a grey background (instead of transparent) for a few (3-4) seconds before the download/install starts. Then it's normal.

Did this ever get fixed? I installed the v2 but I still have the downloads like that....

richard713

Reaction score
su mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /systemcp /sdcard/nextheme/framework-res.apk /system/framework/reboot

su mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /systemcp /sdcard/nextheme/services.jar /system/framework/reboot

can someone please clarify how to enter theese into terminal i have been trying all day with no success.... keep gettin this same error... Imageshack - cap201008130006.jpg
thanks...

validoption

Reaction score
su mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /systemcp /sdcard/nextheme/framework-res.apk /system/framework/reboot

su mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /systemcp /sdcard/nextheme/services.jar /system/framework/reboot

can someone please clarify how to enter theese into terminal i have been trying all day with no success.... keep gettin this same error... Imageshack - cap201008130006.jpg
thanks...

The lines are broken up for you in the OP where you need to hit enter. So:
su [enter]
mount -o rw,remou.... [enter]
cp /sdcard/nex... [enter]
reboot [enter]

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Everything's great, but one "bug" (I'm not even sure if it's a bug) is whenever you have a progress bar starting (like for a download or install,) it flashes between white with a faded outline (see cap below) and the progress bar on a grey background (instead of transparent) for a few (3-4) seconds before the download/install starts. Then it's normal.

Did this ever get fixed? I installed the v2 but I still have the downloads like that....

Yes, I have the .xmls files that fix this, I just haven't gotten to repackaging them :(

I should have it fixed tomorrow night.