Theme issue

randizzard

Reaction score
Sorry but I've been hunting for a thread regarding theme issues for 1.5 and can't seem to find one. I am tryin to download the UD theme from the toolbox and for every theme in there after it says downloading and installing it reboots to recovery then aborts the process then says file or directory does not exist. Am I doin something wrong?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Sorry but I've been hunting for a thread regarding theme issues for 1.5 and can't seem to find one. I am tryin to download the UD theme from the toolbox and for every theme in there after it says downloading and installing it reboots to recovery then aborts the process then says file or directory does not exist. Am I doin something wrong?

No, you're not doing anything wrong, I don't think. As I recall, most of the links were broken that the themes in the Toolbox relies on to help you download the theme.

Here's the thread with all the current themes...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-d2/122983-all-liberty-1-5-themes-mirrors.html

Do not extract the theme, just put the .zip file on the root of your SD Card and follow this instruction for installing a theme on Liberty ROM 1.5:

Installing themes or Addons
-boot into recovery via clockworks bootstrap
-select "mounts and storage"
-select mount /system
-go back "powerbutton"
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select TheameName.zip
-reboot

Cwagmire

Reaction score

No, you're not doing anything wrong, I don't think. As I recall, most of the links were broken that the themes in the Toolbox relies on to help you download the theme.

Here's the thread with all the current themes...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-d2/122983-all-liberty-1-5-themes-mirrors.html

Do not extract the theme, just put the .zip file on the root of your SD Card and follow this instruction for installing a theme on Liberty ROM 1.5:

Installing themes or Addons
-boot into recovery via clockworks bootstrap
-select "mounts and storage"
-select mount /system
-go back "powerbutton"
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select TheameName.zip
-reboot

Sorta on-topic, but what happened to the server that housed the majority of the themes?

OP
randizzard

randizzard

Reaction score
Ok I tried that and even on the pc none of those links are working either. Takes me google docs and takes 2 hours to download 19 mb.... :/ wondering if u know of a direct link to dl the ud theme. Pretty please lol

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Sorta on-topic, but what happened to the server that housed the majority of the themes

These links are like e-mail accounts. If you don't maintain your e-mails, they get deleted after 30 or so days. Without maintaining them, or not signing into your account, updating and such will eventually cause the account or link(s) to be deleted (i.e. broken). A simple method of just signing in from time to time would keep that account alive without the maintenance crew cleaning the house and getting rid of dead link(s), accounts, and other stuff.

Ok I tried that and even on the pc none of those links are working either. Takes me google docs and takes 2 hours to download 19 mb.... :/ wondering if u know of a direct link to dl the ud theme. Pretty please lol

Did you click the UD Theme on that list? Here's the direct link:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B8by8c9TKfOKYmFhZTgyMGQtMDBiNi00MzBhLTgyMzgtOGU1ODgzNTViYzVl&hl=en

I had no problem pulling up the download. Click on the blue link that says Download (23 MB). Then save it onto wherever you save your downloads, then get your phone's USB plugged into the phone and laptop/pc and transfer that .zip file to the root of your SD Card.

OP
randizzard

randizzard

Reaction score
thanks a ton for the links...i actually was tryin to DL it at work so maybe certain DL's are blocked but i got home and all is well. Sorry bout the noobification coming from my direction LOL