[THEME] Black & Blur (Blue highlights)

guyinlaca

Reaction score
I really like the look of Blur so I have created a theme that brings the icons/graphics from the Blur interface to Apex 2.0 RC2. The images came from the Froyo Blur, Gingerbread Blur, and AOSP Gingerbread, and many I modified to match the blue theme.

I haven't perfected the update.zip yet so I'd like to get some beta testers before I post the files. Here are some screenshots:

aayue1.jpg
18d5hh.jpg
oqevsm.jpg
2dr811v.jpg
20r4a6p.jpg

If you're interested in being a Beta Tester, can help compile an update.zip file, or have any suggestions, please PM me and I will send you the files.

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for any damage resulting from use of this theme. Please make all necessary backups before applying the theme. Use at your own risk.

J

jaj6503

PM'd, no reply. Throw that link up here man. I'll give it a go.

OP
G

guyinlaca

Reaction score
Will be responding to those who wrote me with test files tonight. Thank you for your patience.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Will this work on a d2? Hope so!

Droid 2 APEX -The fastest ROM out there.

OP
G

guyinlaca

Reaction score
Download links

DOWNLOAD HERE

Several people have suggested adding more blue to the theme, but for this theme, I prefer to keep a resemblance of the stock look and keep icons multi-colored.

Note: I borrowed an update.zip installer file created by mobile_sensei (Thank You), but all included apps were pulled from the Apex ROM modified by me, and inserted into the installer file.

Last edited:

sfreemanoh

Reaction score
Seems to have a very nice, smooth, non-flashy look, just what I like! If I was still on Apex I would definitely give it a go. I would love to see it on LB GB though!

mdlissner

Reaction score
Are you leaving the icons in the notification window green or changing them to blue?

OP
G

guyinlaca

Reaction score
I am not a huge fan of the themes that make EVERYTHING blue. My primary goal was to get rid of the ugly orange highlights and boring stock Android icons.

If I have time, I might work on a blue battery icon, but don't hold me to it.

gregg829

Reaction score
So to install this I go into clockwork and install right over apex?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

destinydmm

Reaction score
I changed the original Apex battery icons to blue and added a few more blue hints. Posting zip of icons here. I haven't been able to add the icons to the theme and get my phone to boot up. (Don't know how to compile the zip to install)