The Weather Display On Eris Clock / Screen Vibrate Feedback

SBacklin

Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out how to get that setup to have the current weather underneath the clock like I see it all over the net.

Also, how can I disable ALL screen feedback, that vibrating is really annoying.

Eric

Reaction score
I accidentally deleted it, and here's how I got it back.

Menu -> Add to Home -> HTC widget -> Clock

Then just scroll through the clock format options 'till you get to the one you want. The one you want is in there.

Not sure about the screen feedback, but I would look under Settings.

OP
S

SBacklin

Reaction score
I found the weather clock. Thanks for the help on that. Now I would like to know whether its possible to turn off ALL vibrating screen feedback.

n4jon

Reaction score
For the key press vibration, I believe this will turn it on or off for you:
Settings
Locale & Text
Touch Input
Text Input (Set Options for text prediction)
Other Settings: Vibrate when typing

Now for my problem. Somehow my clock widget that is supposed to show the current city and weather removed the loale and weather from the clock. It happened when I set my GPS on so that the phone would get my real location, it was way off before that. I set my location in the GPS, and the "erroneous" location not only went away on my home screen, but the correct location never came up. My location in the weather app works great, but the clock widget doesn't show the weather or the location.

Also, adding speed dial contacts does not list all of my contacts to pick from.

mynameisjohn

Reaction score
I found the weather clock. Thanks for the help on that. Now I would like to know whether its possible to turn off ALL vibrating screen feedback.

You cannot turn off the vibration on the four keys (home, menu, back, and search) at the bottom of the screen.

liltiggrr

Reaction score
I somehow deleted the clock/weather off of home screen also and tried to fox it--in doing so I now have 2 small weather icons and it won't let ne fix it back to the original clock/weather setting I am looking for. Does anyone know how to get rid of these as I have now figured out how to restore the previous settings--HELP PLEASE:)!

n4jon

Reaction score
Locator

I didn't have 2 icons, but I did delete the nice display that had the local weather updated already, and then all I could get was the weather icon to take me to that application, which is what I think you have 2 of. I had to go into how the phone locates itself.... by using wifi or gps, and I played with that, and all of a sudden, I don't know what I did to fix it, but the icon became the weather display... so, no, I can't help you, but you might try playing with that. :unsure:

liltiggrr

Reaction score
Ok I figured out how to get the weather icons (or anything else off) By touching and pressing on weather icon it will get a box around it and you can drag down to remove. After that if you go under the clocks you will find the original clock/weather display.

rbishopp

Reaction score
I somehow deleted the clock/weather off of home screen also and tried to fox it--in doing so I now have 2 small weather icons and it won't let ne fix it back to the original clock/weather setting I am looking for. Does anyone know how to get rid of these as I have now figured out how to restore the previous settings--HELP PLEASE:)!

I don't know if you figured it out yet but I couldn't get rid of New York City. Anyway I went into Setting>>Application Management>>Weather. There you can clear the data and start over. I removed the clock then cleared the data. Also made sure locale settings turned on but not the WiFi locale.
Hope this helps.
Rich...