Weather won't update - HTC Clock Home Screen Widget

fingaz

Reaction score
So for some reason, the Weather on the clock won't automatically update. I think I went into settings and stopped it from updating automatically, but now I can't get it to start updating again.

If I tap on the weather under the clock on the home screen, it brings me to the weather screen. From there, I hit the menu button, then settings. If I check "Update Automatically" the setting isn't saved (the Data Warning comes up and I click yes to enable. If i click the back button, then go into settings again, the "Update Automatically" selection is not checked. Note... I have the update frequency set to 1 hour.

Has anyone else had a problem with this? I tried a few things including removing and then adding the widget back to the home screen, hard resetting... and still no auto update. Suggestions?

Last edited:
OP
F

fingaz

Reaction score
so i feel like a fool... if you go to setting-> sync settings -> there is an option to toggle Auto-Sync. the setting was un-checked. Problem resolved.

nomorefudgicles

Reaction score
ha!

I guess eventually I would have turned the sync feature on and then all my pressing of that checkbox to sync weather would have finally made the little green check stick to the button!!!!:rofl3:

Do you know how many times I tried to check that f******n box?

New toys are great.