1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

The real cost of cheap Android devices?

Discussion in 'Droid Forums Member News Depot' started by Natey2, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Natey2

Natey2 Active Member

"Cheaply made Android phones are the worst thing to happen to the mobile OS since the discovery of malware in the Google Play store. Not only are these "budget-friendly phones" frustrating to use, but their outdated specs and lack of manufacturer and carrier support mean you'll end up with a dud no matter which one you choose."

- http://www.pcworld.com/article/253031/friends_dont_let_friends_buy_cheap_android_phones.html

Gotta wonder how the world's cheapest tablet will fare:

- http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=2077070

At $35, I'd take a chance.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk
  2. LoudRam

LoudRam Well-Known Member

I agree with the article. Instead of buying a new low end android maybe get a certified used top tier phone that has been out for 3 to 6 months for little or nothing. That's what I did when I got my Dinc 1. There is no reason that you shouldn't be able to get a quality phone at a reasonable price. Or you can wait for a blow out sale like VZ just had on the Rezound. I did and I'm loving this phone. Just be patient and keep your eyes open.

This was posted using my Rezound.
  3. MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable New Member

Nothing most people haven't been saying for quite sometime now. Low-end phones don't do anyone much good. If people want a phone with limited functionality just buy a standard, non-smart phone.