The ally just got Froyo

akara

Reaction score
When you do the update do you lose all your data/apps/contacts?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
eriscrazy

eriscrazy

Reaction score
I just really think its crap that my girlfriends phone gets about the same linpack score that my fascinate gets because froyo...

Sent from my Fascinate

DroidBlazer00

Reaction score
Has there been any luck rerooting the ally after the froyo update? I'm trying to help a friend out at work. z4Root worked before, just wondering if it'll still work. Thanks

kadaj21

Reaction score
Yeah, my girlfriend's got the Ally, updated it, and loved the fact she could move some of apps, but got real pissed because they took the calender and picture frame widgets. She doesn't like how the volume for the ringer is controlled either.

fallenshadow114

Reaction score
just got froYo a couple days ago, trie z4root a few times. I also tried universal androot. Nothings working. everytime i update i loose my root! any suggestions at all yet?

collinjm01

Reaction score
okay, my GFs ally is already rooted and running Velocity v4, What do i need to do to get the 2.2 OTA? She got a Text saying she can download it, but i guess Velocity blocked it. Please let me know :D

JoeMama984

Reaction score
Personally I am glad I can play videos on the internet other than youtube, but my phone has been having all sorts of problems with apps ever since I was introduced to the move to sd card feature.

1. My apps that my phone automatically moved to the sd card (Which I don't feel happy about) keep disappearing and reappearing from my list of available apps

2. I'm having trouble downloading things from the internet because they don't seem to be appearing in my sd card where I can use it

3. I'm having trouble updating my apps because it always tells me I don't have enough phone space to install the app updates and now the market is just telling me I haven't installed any apps at all

If you can help me at all with these problems please don't hesitate to reply.
Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App

OP
eriscrazy

eriscrazy

Reaction score
My wife started haveing problems with her battery right after the update. And guess what... Verizon said her phone was fine. So I got the droid x and gave her my fascinate...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

evilyn

Reaction score
Anyone having trouble accessing their gallery? My phone will shut off if I access it directly from the app menu, and say that there are no images to display if accessed through the camera

Also, I had to download an app to silence the ringer since now the vibrate setting is the quietest available. Fail!

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App

Ryelic

Reaction score
Anyone having trouble accessing their gallery? My phone will shut off if I access it directly from the app menu, and say that there are no images to display if accessed through the camera

Yes my wifes ally had the same problem...so I UNMOUNTED the SD card backed it up on to our laptop, formatted the card through the PC then once I re-inserted the card into her phone I formatted through the phone, MOUNTED the SD card back and restarted the device...once it rebooted I took a few pics, once I seen they showed up I moved all the files backed up on our laptop back onto the card...hope this helps!!!