the 8 pen

Wefler

Reaction score
Greetings all. New member, hoping to contribute something.

Has anyone heard about The 8 Pen?
The video looks pretty neat.

8pen

Should be able to get it for all new Android versions.

Enjoy & leave feedback if you end up using it.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
moved to proper area.

Welcome to the forums Wefler. I saw this a while back and in theory it looks easy but I can see this being extremely difficult to use. It requires too much thinking : ) I can see it REALLY slowing things WAYYYYY down. Maybe I'm wrong I don't know, but I see it as being too complicated and not very user friendly.

Edward650

Reaction score
Tried it and didn't like it, don't feel like learning an all new way to type

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
W

Wefler

Reaction score
Cereal Killer , is that like the paintball movie Cereal Killerz?

moved to proper area.

Welcome to the forums Wefler. I saw this a while back and in theory it looks easy but I can see this being extremely difficult to use. It requires too much thinking : ) I can see it REALLY slowing things WAYYYYY down. Maybe I'm wrong I don't know, but I see it as being too complicated and not very user friendly.

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i didnt like swype at first, who knows, im gonna try it

xtremecanefan

Reaction score
Can you get it to download from their website?

It is on the market, gonna give it a shot. Been using stock, never got into swype. Will try this for a bit and see if I can get the hang of it. The video made it looks kinda complicated, but who knows!

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
I can't find it in the market. : (

Try searching for '8pen', no spaces.

I've been using it on and off for about a month. Still haven't made up my mind. I don't spend enough time entering text on my phone to have given it a fair trial. My impression so far is that it is about the same speed as a QWERTY touche keyboard once you get used to it, but I've haven't done anything like an objective test.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
It requires too much thinking : ) I can see it REALLY slowing things WAYYYYY down.
Touch typing does as well at first (as does anything with a learning curve). I started to get the hang of 8pen and it was fairly quick but not as quick as Swype IMO.

doniago

Reaction score
I tried using it for awhile, but Swype is working just fine for me and I couldn't convince myself to learn an entirely different "keyboard" configuration.