The Google Pixelbook With Pixel Pen Leaked!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google-pixelbook1-jpg.77911

Many Chromebook Pixel fans had been hoping that Google would release a more powerful updated version, and it looks like that will happen on October 4th. This updated version will be called the "Google Pixelbook". It will have a hybrid design being able to fold into a full fledged tablet. The new device will come in Silver and will have three storage configurations including 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB options. The prices will be $1199 for the base model, $1399 for the 256GB model, and $1799 for the 512GB model. The Pixelbook Pen will be announced alongside the Pixelbook and features pressure sensitivity, tilt support, and will have no lag. The Pen will cost $99. This looks pretty incredible, but will it be worth the price?

via Droid-Life

Attachments

• google-pixelbook1.jpg
    google-pixelbook1.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 2,749

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Nice looking for sure... I'm not in the market but very nice..

Sent using Tapatalk

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Sorry but that is Surface Pricing and I'd Rather have a Surface and not Limited with ChromeOS. The Pricing really should be half that. I dont see these being a big seller. wait a while and when they go clearance or Blow them out it would be a decent buy for a Chromebook. I loved my Surface Pro when I had it. i5, 8GB Ram and 256GB. I was able to run anything on it including VMs (MacOS & Android included)

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Came to say exactly that., Hammerhead. First thing I thought of was Surface. Ridiculously overpriced.
I've never rooted for a Google product to fail before. I hope this fails bigtime.
$300 for an extra 128 GB? Another $400 to go up to a measly 512? Aren't these just fancy Chromebooks anyway? I thought you were supposed to use the cloud for everything. Why would you need 512? I could not be more disappointed in these prices. My god, you can get a name brand 525 gb SSD for $150....
https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-MX30...TF8&qid=1505915595&sr=8-2&keywords=512+gb+ssd

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Chrome OS is Limited. Not like you can use that Power to use Full Photoshop and would not need that much Power for the Photo editing apps that are available already, Chrome OS is limited even Running Android Apps. Android Apps run fine on even High End Devices and these Specs are Overkill for it, imho.