text tone question

tnhockey

Reaction score
not sure if this is the right section, but ive tried searching the forums and even googled it and i still cant find how to import a text tone from your computer onto your phone and be able to use it. i remember reading it on here once before and i know how to get the tone onto my phone itself, i just dont know where to put it to be able to use it as my text tone. anyone know how? thanks.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
There are several ways..I`ll go through each of them..

1) ownload or make the ringtone on your PC, and then transfer it vis USB cable to the SD card. If you look on the SD card when it is plugged in via USB and in USB Mass Storage Mode, you will likely find a folder labeled "Media". Inside that folder you may also find 1 or 2 other folders labeled "Audio" and "Music"...inside the Audio folder should be 2 other folders, "Notifications" and "Ringtones". Drag and drop your text tones to the corresponding folder.

2) You can also do the same basic thing wirelessly if you have a file manager program(Astro) and a DropBox account and the DropBox app on the phone. Drop the files into your DropBox folder on the PC and then fire up the DropBox app, you should see the file you just added. Now, using the file manager, move that file from the DropBox folder on the SD card to the above described ringtone folder.

3) About the easiest method is using an app like RingDroid or Zedge. Zedge allows you to download ringtones of all types, as well as them being able to be assigned after being downloaded and require no moving of the files. RingDroid is for actually making your own ringtones from music you have on your phone. Once you make a ringtone, RingDroid will ask you to Save it, as well as apply it to a contact.

Any other questions, please feel free to ask...:)