1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Text-to-speech settings

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by Steve, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Steve

Steve New Member

In the settings menu there is a text to speech settings tab and when you enter it there is a "Install voice data" tab that is darkened I am assuming this would work with the caller id and text messaging. I looked for how to activate it in the users guide but it makes no mention in there about it, what gives? I have even downloaded "voice caller id" app and that works but only says the phone number when someone calls to the phone not the name but i haven't played with those settings yet. Anyone else experiencing this also?
  2. Jef

Jef New Member

There is an Extended TTS app on the marketplace which adds some more voice content.

I know HandCent SMS uses this for it's reading of SMS messages
Search tags for this page

android text to speech

android text to speech settings

android tts settings

how to activate text to speech on android

how to install text to speech on android

how to use text to speech android

how to use text to speech on android

how to use tts on android
text speech setings for android
text to speech android settings