Google Voice

boos1906

Reaction score
Hey guys I have google voice. I'm trying to set it so each caller had a custom voicemail greeting. Its not working. When a caller calls it asks them to enter my phone number and pin. But when I open it on a browser and click on the contact then hit play it plays the custom greeting. Any ideas?

OP
B

boos1906

Reaction score
under setting I don't have a option for calls. I have voice mail settings or goggle acount settings

OP
B

boos1906

Reaction score
Alright I got it to work. Now I have another question. Its sending the voice mails in a email and I have to open them in like my music player. I want them to be sent to the phone like before where I call and listen to them. How do I do this?

searayman

Reaction score
Alright I got it to work. Now I have another question. Its sending the voice mails in a email and I have to open them in like my music player. I want them to be sent to the phone like before where I call and listen to them. How do I do this?

ok go to: https://www.google.com/voice and click settings>voicemail and text

then uncheck the box next to "Text Forwarding"

OP
B

boos1906

Reaction score
Ok I did that. So now I dial *86 now again right?

searayman

Reaction score
Ok I did that. So now I dial *86 now again right?

I am not 100% sure as I use google voice application to listen to my messages. But I think way bakc in the day to access google voicemail without teh app you called your google voice number from your phone.

I would highly recommend the Google Voice Application though

GrillMouster

Reaction score
Instead of checking your voicemail through email, launch the Google Voice app on your phone. If you want to stop receiving email (and instead let Google Voice app notify you when you have a voicemail), go to the Google Voice settings, then on the "Voicemail & Text" tab in the Voicemail Notification section uncheck the option that reads "Email the message to:".

In the settings to the Google Voice app you can choose to have voicemails play back through the phone earpiece or the speaker.

Listening to your voicemail (or reading the transcript) through the Google app has the advantage of using your unlimited data, not your call minutes (calling voicemail uses minutes).

If you want to call into your voicemail and listen to your messages (the way the carrier's voicemail normally operates), then you can call your Google Voice number from a phone that's registered with your Google Voice account (presumably your mobile phone is), and enter your PIN. You can select a PIN on the Google Voice settings just below the Voicemail Notification section I explained earlier in this post.

Last edited:
OP
B

boos1906

Reaction score
I don't have the option of the earpiece or speaker. Why is that?

OP
B

boos1906

Reaction score
Does youmail work better? I'm starting to get very frustrated