text options gone, circle widget changed after factory reset

velda56

Reaction score
I am a new user, and when I purchased my RazrM, I really liked using the Swype and speech to text option on my phone. I also liked that an incoming text showed up in the circle widget, with the first line of the message.

Yesterday I had to have my phone reset (long story, password related), and with the restored settings I am unable to use the circle widget, or set it to show incoming texts. Worst however, is that I cannot activate my swype options, despite numerous attempts via the settings page. As I said, I am a new smartphone user, so maybe I'm just not accessing the right screen to enable this? thanks for any help!

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
Once you have Swype set in settings you have to do one more step. Go into text messaging and watch for the keyboard symbol to pop up in the notification bar. Pick Swype from there. You are now set! That allows you to go back and forth easily if you wish to. Kinda silly but sometimes it's nice to be able to do.

pdaniel219

Reaction score
As for your circle widget, Swype the small battery circle at the end. This is your settings for the circles. You can set what you want to show up in each circle. Hope this works for you!