text only alert

lwiles24

Reaction score
I am often on call and need to be alerted by text, but I don't want my phone (by my bedside) to alert with every email, just the texts. Is there anyway to set an alert for text only but keep my email alert silent?

OP
L

lwiles24

Reaction score
oops

Forgot to mention my phone is a Samsung Continuum

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
the email app has notification settings you'll be able to put them on silent from within the email app itself

OP
L

lwiles24

Reaction score
problem fixed

Thanks. That fixed my problems. Wish I would have posted this question months ago!!

z96Cobra

Reaction score
There's also an app, on the market, called Setting Profiles that is really handy. I use it to turn off everything but my ringer and alarm whenever my phone is docked AND it's between certain hours. As soon as I remove my phone from the dock, it switches to my "Loud" profile (all notifications on and at full volume). You can even set profiles to activate by GPS coordinates. It's similar to Tasker, if you've heard of it.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
the email app has notification settings you'll be able to put them on silent from within the email app itself
In general you need to set notifications within each app unless you want the same notification for all apps.