Text messaging app always opens upon wakeup

Bullwinkle

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a weird problem I can't solve or find any info on.

I have a Droid 4, and at some point it decided that it would open up the stock text app every time I press the power button to wake up the phone. It's very annoying.

So, because of that and a couple other problems, I decided to buy a refurb off of ebay to replace the older one. Well, guess what, as soon as I restored the new phone, it does the same thing!

There must be a setting I'm missing? HALP! :)

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
When you say you "restored" the new phone, are you restoring a backup from the original phone?

OP
Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

Reaction score
Well, no, not a backup... Just whatever saves to Google... contacts and I don't know what else does. Then I re-downloaded the apps I had on it, which are very few.

I forgot to mention that I don't have this phone on a calling plan. It's a backup phone that we just use at home for email and voxer over wifi. I'm wondering if there could be something on the sim card that causes it to do this, OR possibly, since it can not connect to verizon's network, maybe it's just trying to connect and pull messages all the time and of course there are none to pull.

I disabled the lock screen and now the messaging app doesn't come up by itself. When I re-enable the lock screen it goes back to the same thing of opening the text messaging app every time I unlock it.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Well, no, not a backup... Just whatever saves to Google... contacts and I don't know what else does. Then I re-downloaded the apps I had on it, which are very few.

I forgot to mention that I don't have this phone on a calling plan. It's a backup phone that we just use at home for email and voxer over wifi. I'm wondering if there could be something on the sim card that causes it to do this, OR possibly, since it can not connect to verizon's network, maybe it's just trying to connect and pull messages all the time and of course there are none to pull.

I disabled the lock screen and now the messaging app doesn't come up by itself. When I re-enable the lock screen it goes back to the same thing of opening the text messaging app every time I unlock it.

Ahhh gotcha. I guess you'll just have to leave the lock screen disabled...