Any way when you receive a text- when you wake screen it brings straight to messages?

jackals

Reaction score
When my phone goes dark, and I scroll the arrow over to "wake it" .. I then have to click messages... is there a setting or app that when I receive a text, once I scroll over to get the phone lit, that the messages folder will already be open?

Kind of like on the older phones, when you flip it open, it's already in the messages folder.

Thanks,
Mike

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Kinda defeats the purpose of the notification bar IMO. Some apps do have a popup. I'm not aware of any off the top of my head that will bring up the app itself.

KidCuda

Reaction score
Try Handcent, very customizable, should solve your problem.

OP
jackals

jackals

Reaction score
Try Handcent, very customizable, should solve your problem.
apparently handcent doesn't work with the ally yet.. check this post out from howardforums:

"I've hit a problem that I'm not sure how / if-possible to resolve simply. I have a workaround, but many other people won't.

The Android market is apparently device discriminatory, not just OS-release-discriminatory ... MotoDroid on 2.1u1 can see programs that my Ally on 2.1u1 cannot.

Specifically, DriveSafe.ly, Handcent SMS, Quick Settings ... and presumably countless others that I never knew that I didn't see ... I specifically went searching for those by name.

Amusingly, the Ally can see all of the Handcent font packs and the add-on keyboard, but not the app itself.

I downloaded Handcent from the Handcent website directly to the Ally and it installed and worked perfectly, so compatibility was not overtly the issue. I saved the .apk from my wife's installation of the free version of Drive-Safe.ly, USB transferred it to my windows computer to somewhere my Ally could download it from and installed it and it too worked perfectly.

My best guess (as someone who has not (yet) published anything to the market is that programs can be listed as generic, as >= OSVer and/or works-on-Nexus,Droid,Devour,etc ... and if the programmer was paranoid about hardware compatibility, the program may well have hardware-specific tags set and so far have failed to include the extremely new Ally.

Annoyingly, Drive-Safe.ly just had a new release and my Ally cannot see it since I installed out-of-market ... presumably Handcent will give me the same problem.

So ... can someone else with an Ally confirm that you cannot see Handcent or Drive Safe.ly (or any other program you know exists for the MotoDroid)?

And can anyone knowledgeable comment on whether the market device specificity is a: real or my imagination, b: done at market-registration-time,, or c: done as part of the programming creation / editing process?
(if b, then editing the market setting should be trivial, if c, the .apk needs to have some XML file edited or the program needs to be recompiled and re-uploaded to the market).

Note: In my start at android programming, I never remember device specificity in any config setting, but my program(s) are intended to be generic and I may well have overlooked / not bothered to remember that as irrelevant.

Note2: ConnectBot, which is quite hardware-manipulative (it remaps hard-keys, camera buttons, right-shift and right-alt on droid, etc) and has definitely NOT been customized for the Ally worked out of the box (since I downloaded it and connected to my unix systems from the Verizon store prior to purchasing the Ally)."