Text message question

ThePhoneGuy

Reaction score
you have to take a few steps to read a report by holding down the sent message (envelope icon), but it will do. they just could have a check mark to confirm delivery.... simplicity

Thanks for your help

OP
E

Earthwalker

Reaction score
question, i can send video, picture, recorded notes, mms but not mp3 files, anyone know why? the file isnt large only 15sec, my storm had no problem as long as its under 300kb and the file is 275.

I was able to compose a text message. Select Menu -> Attach. Then I can choose Audio or Recorded audio. I did find I could only choose ringtones to attach. I would think you could move the MP3 file into the ringtone folder. Then you should be able to attach it.

Good luck

OP
E

Earthwalker

Reaction score
Thanks very much for the info. Lucky for me my groups only have a few people in them. Now that I know I can keep adding people separating them with a coma. That works for me.

Thanks again

eap369

Reaction score
question, i can send video, picture, recorded notes, mms but not mp3 files, anyone know why? the file isnt large only 15sec, my storm had no problem as long as its under 300kb and the file is 275.

I was able to compose a text message. Select Menu -> Attach. Then I can choose Audio or Recorded audio. I did find I could only choose ringtones to attach. I would think you could move the MP3 file into the ringtone folder. Then you should be able to attach it.

Good luck

Thanks for the info but have u tried sending it? Can u? I spoke to a Motorola Rep and he said its not an option on the Verizon Droid. Wen u get that option when creating an mms, what messaging app are u using? Hadcent or the regular one that came with the phone? Sorry for all the questions just trying to find a way

sburnett

Reaction score
I will try your procedure and let you know if it works. Sounds like it will. Thanks and I am so happy for this forum with Droid users like me.

gsf

Reaction score
Anyone know where to go to confirm that your sent text message was delivered/received. The DARE had a check mark next to Verizon customers messages which confirmed the message was delivered.

I got you good buddy, check it out:

Open messaging on your phone.

Press menu, pop up will appear.

Select settings.

Ensure delivery report check mark is highlighted for both SMS and MMS.

You can also chose a read report if you wish.
You will get the checkmarks next to the message from here on out, that verify that message was sent or not.

Let me know if I can be of any other service to you.

great thanks

kirbnite

Reaction score

The native message app does not support it, but there is an excelent sms app called "handcent sms" that gives you that functionality.

jlcrews

Reaction score
I tried doing this and it still didnt work....I have to type in the phone number of the people I am trying to send the message to for a drop down box to appear. I still cant type in a name and get a phone number.

00ssassin

Reaction score
Any One Know How To Apply A sms Signiture to the moto droid? Thanks

Kayree

Reaction score
Grouping Contacts

I've found I can make Groups with contacts only in the Google email app on my computer. Then on your Droid, open Contacts, use the menu button and choose Display Options. Choose the Google email account, then you can select which group you want to display.
As a former Palm PDA user, this really is cumbersome, but better than nothing.