HELP: Emails getting sent instead of text messages

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by thePITman, Sep 1, 2010.

1. thePITman

thePITman New Member

I have posted on other threads on this site for the last week, but no response as of yet. Here is my problem/question:

When adding members to a contact group, how do I pick which entry from a contact to add to the group? For instance, if Johnny Damon has a phone number and an email address, I want to make sure the phone number is the entry added, not the email address. Instead, in reality I just have the choice to select Johnny Damon (the person) instead of the Johnny Damon cell phone number. Recently all my contacts who have email addresses are getting sent emails instead of text messages when I create a new text message to the whole group. I have tried switching the Primary method, but it's not working (many contacts have two methods set as "Primary" - Call mobile and Send mail, but not Send message). Is it possible to choose the contact entry to be added to a group? Or is this something that Droid "does" NOT do?

Thank you for your help!
  2. thePITman

thePITman New Member

I got my 2.2 update yesterday. It looks like this may have been resolved with version 2.2. It is sending text messages to a mobile number. If there is more than 1 mobile, it's sending to the Primary mobile (which is easy to set, as long as there's more than 1). One thing I read about was doing the following: Open the Group. Open a contact. Tap Menu > More > Set widget action. When doing this, you can select a specific contact entry. However, what "widget" does this refer to? I got the 2.2 update AND did this for each contact on my groups, and it is working like a charm! I'm not sure which actually fixed it, the 2.2 update or picking the widget action for each contact... but it works now.
  3. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Thanks for the follow up.

Mike
Search tags for this page

android phone send text to email instead of phone number

android sends texts to email of contact instead of phone num

getting an email instead of text

i messages being sent by email instead of phone

i sent a text to a phone but got and email trxt instead

phone sending email instead of text

phone sends email instead of text