text message notification

darkserpant

Reaction score
This is my first smart phone. Very pleased with it so far. But Is there a setting Im missing somewhere. When someone calls or texts and ur not around the phone to hear it doesent the phone have a setting where it rings every 1 or 2 minutes. To alert you that you have some sort of message waiting. Other than the little tiny green light that blinks when u have a message. My env touch you could set it to alert you 1,2 5 15 30 minutes after initial message. Thanks

missrachel

Reaction score
Not sure about the ringtone reminder, but I'm sure someone with a D2 can help you out there. I do believe there is a setting for a "reminder" tone when you haven an unread SMS.

You could also download an app like SMS Pop Up which will show a little pop up message on your screen with the new text message info! It is a must-have for me!

dast

Reaction score
I haven't tried it, so I can't vouch for it, but searching the market for repeat notification turns up an app called Missed Call by Anno that be able to repeat notifications. I've also heard people mention Youmail (?I think). Again, can't vouch.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I highly recomend handcent sms as a text replacement app. Its fully customizable and has an option for reminders.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
You could always just assign the text notification some sort of MP3 ringtone, I think those play in a loop and will continue to ring until you view the message.

reddogg36

Reaction score
I just purchased a Droid RAZR Max HD. Is there anyway to make the text messages received NOT show up on the home page clock widget thing? Like I only want to be able to see anything to do with my texts if I click on the text icon? I already shut off notifications but it still shows the incoming texts on the clock widget on the home screen.

Thanks

reddogg36

Reaction score
Is there anyway to make my incoming text messages not appear in my home screen on the clock widget? I've disabled text message notifications but it still shows the text on the home screen in the widget. I want to only be able to see any part of my incoming text only from the text icon.

Thanks

pdaniel219

Reaction score
Swype the last battery circle. That is the settings. You can turn it off in there. You can choose what you want to show up in the circles.