text message not showing content

Glimmer

Reaction score
I just got my droid x yesterday. It is most certainly a step up from my previous blackberry curve!

I am working my way through the learning process but have not figured out a solution to this problem yet.

I get message alerts from my county for the volunteer fire& rescue calls. The messages come from what appears to be an email address. I never had a problem on my blackberry viewing these and my husband has no problem on his palm. The messages are coming through blank or only showing the signature.

I downloaded handcent since that seemed like the answer to several other questions I had but the messages are still unviewable.

Any advice would greatly be appreciated!

OP
G

Glimmer

Reaction score
Not exactly the problem :( The messages come through and alert but other than the date/time stamp and signature the message is blank. I can not view the address or other info sent in the message. Odd thing is that when Verizon transferred info from my blackberry it transferred my old text messages. Each dispatched has an email address and it lumped all them in anonymous but I could view the info. The 3-5 I have gotten since my phone has been active are messed up though.

fireman00

Reaction score
Same problem here, our county used TAMI (Text Alerting, Messaging and Information System) to send out SMS text messages for alerts. I received them with no issues on my Razr, G'zone and Blackberry 8330 but with my Droid X I get an empty text message.

Everyone on our fire dept. who does not have a Droid is getting the messages with full text, its only 2 of us with Droid Xs who are getting blank texts.

Any thoughts on what would do this?

Thanks in advance!

fireman00

Reaction score
p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; } Update as of 10:50 ET on 11/26.

As per Verizon... there are no problems sending messages through TAMI; however, there is a known issue with receiving text messages from email type addresses. This problem only occurs on phones with Android 2.2 software, which is what the Droid X uses. There is no fix and no ETA when the issue will be resolved. As per Verizon support, Motorola is activity working on the issue.