Text App Problem

rec08

Reaction score
Anytime I click the "Messaging Icon" it doesnt always take me to my messaging section, sometimes it takes me to the last website I was on, or app I was on.....this is really frustrating when I just want to get to my texts.....any solutions?

M

Matth3w

Never seen that before. Are you using a stock home screen, stock messaging, etc? You somewhat need to be more specific because there are so many possible mods that we can't determine what your problem is without this information.

OP
rec08

rec08

Reaction score
Yea just your normal preloaded stuff. only the messaging button will do it, it will bring up random apps in no particular order......but when i slide to the other home screen on the left or right, then back to the main home screen and click it, it will bring up my messaging apps.

M

Matth3w

That is really weird. You're sure you're not just hitting something else by accident?

If you don't have anything but the stock stuff you could always try to go back to stock (factory reset) or download a 3rd party app for messaging like Handcent or Chomp SMS and see if it still does it.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah thats super weird!! Never seen that one......yeah I would DL Handcent and see if that does it too, which it shouldn't, but if Handcent does it too then you got something majorly jacked up in your phone!!

OP
rec08

rec08

Reaction score
is there a better texting app then the preinstalled one?