Text 6250

dbsf2004

Reaction score
Nothing seems to fix this - but so many people are getting it. It is a text message VZWMNM: that I get every time a new email from Yahoo comes through. I am going crazy with this as it goes off all times of day and night. People are saying to turn off the cloud sync bit all that does is stops any emails coming through at all. Yes it stops the text but also stops emails. Does anyone have the fix for this problem- Also I would appreciate any solutions with step by step instructions that this non technical girl can understand lol. Verizon even had me do a factory reset but it still happens. Thanks everyone :)

bear1270

Reaction score
This is a problem with Verizon's push email on IMAP email accounts. The common fix for this is to logon to your Verizon account and turn off Backup Assistant. However be wary since when I did this it erased ALL my emails on the phone and server and trashed my email accounts to the point that I had to do a factory reset to use my phone. I have found though that simply changing my LIVE.COM account from the standard IMAP setup to POP setup ends the text messages. Of course it also means that you no longer get push email on that account, but it seems way better than 60+ crazy text messages every day...:biggrin:

Meltman

Reaction score
I'm hoping something is done soon. My wife looks at me suspiciously thinking I'm up to something.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Lowflyer1

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but maybe it will help others. This just started to get worse with my phone. Three messages a day, including the middle of the night. I called Vz tech support. Spoke to a nice guy who knew nothing. Blamed on my having long text threads. I told him I didn't think that was the cause since it originates from Vz. He said that was the best he could offer from the notes. I then told him I'd have to go to the droid forums to search for help, and let everyone know what stellar service I got.

He then referred me to the next level of help where I got BC on the line. He knew. There is a setting in some older accounts where mail came in pre-smartphones. Mine was wrong, my wife's was OK since she just started with a smartphone. He puched the fis down to my phone, then I had to restart. Done.

You just have to get knowledgeable people.