Tethering to Nook tablet or Ipad?

rezoundgirl

Reaction score
Hello all, newbie here. I have the Rezound, which I love, and use PDAnet to do a wired tether to my netbook so I don't have to pay for home internet, which has been working fine for over a year now (used to have the Dinc). However, my netbook just died and I'm trying to figure out if I should replace it or make the jump to a tablet. My only concern is if its possible to do a wired tether to a Nook tablet or Ipad, since PDAnet doesn't work as a mobile hotspot on HTC phones. I'm afraid it won't work with the Nook tablet because its an Android OS, not Windows, and I don't know anything about the Ipad's OS.... Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Here are the few avenues you can take..

1) Root your phone and use a proper wifi tether.

2) Pay for Mobile Hotspot

3) Buy a tablet that supports BT tethering. There are plenty

4) Buy a tablet with it's own 3G/4G connection.

Snoking

Reaction score
You are right. Without rooting solutions for tethering to the Rezound are a bit limited. WiFi is adhoc, which is a problem. Not having a PDA net component for the table is an issue.

OP
R

rezoundgirl

Reaction score
Thank you, I had a feeling rooting was going to be the best option, I'm just a bit leery of my skills being up to par to attempt it, but I may have to because I am a poor grad student! :blink:

Snoking

Reaction score
Wait until after ICS rolls out. Landscape might charge for things like FiFox etc.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you, I had a feeling rooting was going to be the best option, I'm just a bit leery of my skills being up to par to attempt it, but I may have to because I am a poor grad student! :blink:

It's not as bad as it sounds. Take a look at the guide in my sig. Also remember that as long as you don't S-OFF, it's really really really hard to brick the Rezound.