temperature stuffies.

nakhleh926

Reaction score
how hot does your droid x get? mine hits 40c sometimes and I get nervous, what number should I start to be worried at? Basically asking, in your opinion how far can I push this baby tempwise? I know a lot of you probably think I should go nuts and not worry since new phones are coming out soon, but I can't afford them and I'm in this contract for a while yet.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well if you can spare $3 I would suggest QuickClock advanced. This will find the lowest voltage your phone can safely run at and lowered my temp like 10*F I have mine overclocked to 1200 and rarely see temps over 100*F

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
Well if you can spare $3 I would suggest QuickClock advanced. This will find the lowest voltage your phone can safely run at and lowered my temp like 10*F I have mine overclocked to 1200 and rarely see temps over 100*F

I might look into that, I'm running at 1260MHz right now and never pass 101-102 unless I'm streaming radio. But I'd like to go higher, I know which voltages work for me I'm just afraid since I don't know the max temp this can handle.

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The VSELS can go pretty low. Are you sure they as as low as they can go?

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
The VSELS can go pretty low. Are you sure they as as low as they can go?

no sorry I meant for higher clock speed voltages, I haven't been worrying about the battery life as I should be, but I will care for it now, purchased the app, thanks for the suggestion, I can run 300MHz at 16vsel, I'm just really curious how this figures out stability in seconds when sometimes it can take days to crash. All I need to know now is the max safe temp I can hit then I'll be happeh.

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The Dev is a math Wiz/Major and uses calculations based of stats gathered during runs at different speeds at your lowest VSEL. Not 100% but closer than you are going to get without a lot of personal testing.

To add my wife's Droid X crashes once in a while and it is not even rooted :icon_eek:

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
The Dev is a math Wiz/Major and uses calculations based of stats gathered during runs at different speeds at your lowest VSEL. Not 100% but closer than you are going to get without a lot of personal testing.

To add my wife's Droid X crashes once in a while and it is not even rooted :icon_eek:

:p mine used to crash at stock as well, went to verizon the other day for something unrelated and mentioned that and the rep told me to download a task killer, I wanted to laugh in his face but I just went with it.

pandapaul

Reaction score
I'm just really curious how this figures out stability in seconds when sometimes it can take days to crash. All I need to know now is the max safe temp I can hit then I'll be happeh.

Magic. ;) As for the temperature, I set the stress test and other such things to shutdown if your battery temperature exceeds 42°C. That's a reasonable point to use, since above about 50°C is when the battery will begin reheating. 8°C of a buffer should be plenty to keep you nice and safe. If you're undervolted via QuickClock, though, your temperatures will probably stay pretty low and you shouldn't have much to worry about.

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
I'm just really curious how this figures out stability in seconds when sometimes it can take days to crash. All I need to know now is the max safe temp I can hit then I'll be happeh.

Magic. ;) As for the temperature, I set the stress test and other such things to shutdown if your battery temperature exceeds 42°C. That's a reasonable point to use, since above about 50°C is when the battery will begin reheating. 8°C of a buffer should be plenty to keep you nice and safe. If you're undervolted via QuickClock, though, your temperatures will probably stay pretty low and you shouldn't have much to worry about.

Thank you! That was the answer I was looking for, just didn't know it was called that. :)