1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

What is normal battery temperature Samsung Galaxy Nexus?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by Anonymous_User, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Anonymous_User

Anonymous_User New Member

I just picked up this device yestarday night from Sprint. Now I'm using it and I was wondering about the battery temperature. How hot should it not get? Is there protection in this phone so that when it gets too hot that it turns off to save itself so I don't have to worry about managing the temperature? I noticed that when I'm just normally using my phone (internet, youtube, etc.), the phone temperature is around 100 F, and it went up to 111 F maximum when I was downloading a ton of apps and had the phone on the bed which didn't allow it to release heat as easily so I immediately turned it off and stopped the downloads bringing it down to 84 F in some time. The battery monitor app is giving me all these stats and it also says that battery health is good. Also the voltage has been changing a bit too. It's mostly stayed in the 3.700's. Is this all fine? What is the maximum battery temperature I should reach?
  2. tgyberg

tgyberg Well-Known Member

Sounds just like my phone. Actually sounds like all of the phones I've had! It's all good.
  3. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I've been looking into this... and the s3 does have thermal protection... meaning if it gets too hot, like the maxx or razr.. it will alert you and take steps to cool itself off.

One of the two on display at vzw was very hot.. its set so the screen was always on... and I pushed it with some tasks, it flashed a thermometer looking icon and said something about being hot.. and it turned the screen off..
  4. Nemo Aeternamn

Nemo Aeternamn Droid X Rescue Squad Premium Member

with my nexus... i don't worry till it hits 120.. .then i take steps to get it cooled down..
  5. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

Usually at idle mine sits below 80F, but some light use can definitely kick it up to mid 80s. And as Nemo said, you don't really have to worry unless it hovers close to 120.
Search tags for this page

cell phone battery temperature

normal battery temperature

normal battery temperature android

normal cell phone battery temp
normal cell phone battery temperature

normal phone battery temperature

normal temperature for android phone

phone battery temperature

phone temperature

what should the temperature of my phone battery be

what temperature should my cell phone battery be