temp of phone...

sportadic22

Reaction score
hey everybody,
I tried looking around and couldn't find really what i was looking for so i am posting this.. if i just suck at searching then im sorry and point in me the right direction :)

but i just had a simple question. if anyone knew like what the average temp the droid should be running at... and what is considered cool and what is considered normal and then hot(overheat)

my phone tonight was at 37*c (98*f) and it just felt pretty dang hotish on the back. ive seen it in the 20s before.. so i was just wondering :)

THANKS
Greg

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Depends on what your doing. If it's just idling than it should be/feel room-temp or just slightly cool. Once you start pulling data, however it can and will get a bit warm rather quickly. I've not look at actual numbers/temps but the back center of the phone (near the logo) should get a bit warm to the touch (that is, supposedly the main heat-sink for the phone). I've had mine get warm to the touch but nothing alarming (nowhere near as warm as most new laptops will run even at idle).

Unless you are seeing poor battery life or noticeable lag you shouldn't be worried. The phones warrantied for 1-yr so use the h*!! out of it and enjoy it.

roflcopters

Reaction score
If it's any help to you, my phone usually sits around 25*C to 28*C and hits around 32*C to 35*C when I'm playing games/internet browsing/market searching. Yours seem to be fine. I'd get worried if it hit 40*C though.

roflcopters

Reaction score
Well I assume he's looking at battery temperature, as am I. If that's the case, several widgets tell you, or you can type *#*#4636#*#* in the Dialer and choose battery info.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It all depends on what you're doing. Mine gets warmer if I'm talking on the phone than if it is just sitting idle.