Technology slowing down

OP
R

rxonmymind

Reaction score

103025a

Reaction score
Technology Advances

Much of the technological breakthroughs occurred as a result of the R&D that came out of the space programs. Now that Nobama has basically removed the US from the space programs the new breakthroughs will probably come from Russia and China. Nobama would rather pass out welfare checks than maintain the US lead in the space programs.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't think all the good ideas and breakthroughs have already happened.
^ This. The basis of this thread isn't any different from the old claim that "Everything has been invented already" which has been said over and over for at least 100 years.

OP
R

rxonmymind

Reaction score
Don't think all the good ideas and breakthroughs have already happened.
^ This. The basis of this thread isn't any different from the old claim that "Everything has been invented already" which has been said over and over for at least 100 years.

Not true. I asked if technology was slowing down. And within the current parameters of materials that we use at around 15nm atoms start to bleed and behave erratically. Also, we've been at 3Ghz for how long.? I would never say everything has been invented. Look at battery life and perhaps there is a super capacitor that will give you twice the batter life as we currently have. But none that I see on the horizon.

OP
R

rxonmymind

Reaction score
Henry Ellsworth 1843 report to Congress : " The advancement of the arts, from year to year, taxes our credulity and seems to presage our arrival of that period that human improvement must end" which was butchered to "everything that has been invented already has". Which with our current silicon use it's not too far off the truth. There's graphine, modenite, and several other materials which will advance Moore's law but we seem to have slowed down a bit and WILL hit a wall with silicon. NOT a matter of if but fact.