task killer

roccor

Reaction score
My maxx updated today & when yet was done the pre loaded task killer was gone. What Is the best one for the maxx. I'm obviously not very techy.... So I could use some help.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello and welcome to the droid forums. Actually you shouldn't use a task killer for ics. It does it on its own.

Third party task killers can cause connectivity issues.

If you want to kill an app, go into manage apps, tap on the app, then select force close..

Also by long pressing the home button, swipe left or right to clear the recent apps list. :)

Last edited:
OP
roccor

roccor

Reaction score
& that, kind person...is why..I asked. Thank you.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Hello and welcome to the droid forums. Actually you shouldn't use a task killer for ics. It does it on its own.

Third party task killers can cause connectivity issues.

If you want to kill an app, go into manage apps, tap on the app, then select force close..

Also you can help manage apps by long pressing the home button, swipe left or right to clear the recent apps list. :)

No, no, no. Maybe the third time will be the charm on this? :biggrin:

This does nothing besides clear the recent apps list. And the recent apps list does not act as a task manager in any way. It's a list of apps you've recently used - nothing more, nothing less. It's like the history on your web browser - simply a list of where you've been, not a list of currently open, active web pages (although some may be open). Likewise, the recent apps list is just a history. It just gives a list of apps you've used recently that you might want to go back to. It doesn't tell you if an app is running or not, and swiping it away does not close it if it is running.

The recent apps list is not a task manager. Clearing it will not close or kill running apps.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
No its not.. that's why I said, clear the recent apps list ;)

Oh, but I did say manage apps.. fixing...

Thanx for pointing that out sir :)

Last edited:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
No its not.. that's why I said, clear the recent apps list ;)

Oh, but I did say manage apps.. fixing...

Yep, that "manage" really derailed the whole thing. Ha, ha. Plus, just the inclusion of the comment makes it seem like clearing the recent apps list is related to killing tasks. Don't want to go confusing people. :p

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
No we don't :)

OP
roccor

roccor

Reaction score
Ok.... So now I'm confused...do i or do i not need a task killer?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
No you don't :)

OP
roccor

roccor

Reaction score
Oh & if so... Which one? I always used one on my commando, it saved my battery on long days.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Anytime :)

Squeak87

Reaction score
I use Advanced Task Killer myself, only because my Maxx does not seem to stop apps itself. Without the task killer my battery is drained very quickly. I have had no problems with it so far. I know everyone is against task killers but I would rather have one than have my phone die after only about 8 hours of uptime and that is with light use.

<<--{Droid Razr Maxx °Celcius .215}-->>

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Its not so much that we're against task killers, as it is that some of us have seen connectivity problems with them..

Just remember, all the advice we give is purely advice from what we've learned or experienced :) in android, one mans trash is another mans treasure :) if it works for you, awesome.:thumbup: if it starts to cause issues, then we're here to help you get going again and be as helpful as we can.. :) cause after all, without you guys,(members) there is no us :)