task killer

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
On my just purchased RAZR M, the instructions from G4lt1 do not work. For example, when I long press the Home button, then release, all I get is "Manage Pages." Also, how exactly do I get to "Manage Apps?" When I go to Apps/Settings/Apps/Running there's a long list. Wouldn't I reduce battery drain if I could kill the ones I'm not currently needing? & if so, how do I do that?

Running isn't the same on Android as Windows. It usually means it's ready to go but not using cpu. Closing (kill) things will often use more battery because the system just opens them back up to make their operation quicker since they are already ready to go. Using a task killer can also inadvertently cause freezes and other problems by killing tasks, operations, etc that are needed to make your device operate correctly.
Try an app called Watch Dog Lite to get a better feel for what's going on in the background. It has a kill option within in case you want to kill things as well as an alert feature that lets you know if something is using cpu (battery) when not needed by setting a cpu usage threshold. That feature is VERY handy at finding reasons your device is acting upshould it do so.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post