task killer

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Its not so much that we're against task killers, as it is that some of us have seen connectivity problems with them..

Just remember, all the advice we give is purely advice from what we've learned or experienced :) in android, one mans trash is another mans treasure :) if it works for you, awesome.:thumbup: if it starts to cause issues, then we're here to help you get going again and be as helpful as we can.. :) cause after all, without you guys,(members) there is no us :)

And, I'll add to this, that many people recommend not using task killers not only because they've caused connectivity issues, but also because several of Google's Android engineers, as well as highly-respected developers who know Android inside and out, recommend against using them for several reasons. Here's a good article that discusses it.

Squeak87

Reaction score
94lt1 said:
Its not so much that we're against task killers, as it is that some of us have seen connectivity problems with them..

Just remember, all the advice we give is purely advice from what we've learned or experienced :) in android, one mans trash is another mans treasure :) if it works for you, awesome.:thumbup: if it starts to cause issues, then we're here to help you get going again and be as helpful as we can.. :) cause after all, without you guys,(members) there is no us :)

You are absolutely right sir. I have learned a great deal here in the forums. Since I have upgraded to .215 I will give it a shot without the task killer.

<<--{Droid Razr Maxx °Celcius .215}-->>

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I just upgraded to 215 too... then my son spilled Pepsi on my laptop... so unless they make a wah to side load back to 211.... I'm stuck until I get another laptop

jaye712

Reaction score
94lt1 said:
I just upgraded to 215 too... then my son spilled Pepsi on my laptop... so unless they make a wah to side load back to 211.... I'm stuck until I get another laptop

Iam with u on that one.laptop less lol

DROID RAZR/ICS215

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Lol.. it suuuuuucks!! Mine was only 3 months old lol... oh well... stuff happens :)

jaye712

Reaction score
94lt1 said:
Lol.. it suuuuuucks!! Mine was only 3 months old lol... oh well... stuff happens :)

Lmao.awww that must of been a pain in the A.. haha..my screen broke completely,still worked well with the hdmi but..lets jst say iam unable to get online even tho iam connected LOL

DROID RAZR/ICS215

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah that would suck too lol.. I guess it could be worse lol..

jaye712

Reaction score
94lt1 said:
Yeah that would suck too lol.. I guess it could be worse lol..

Sucks pretty bad actually haha..when we decide to go bck to 211,were effed till then lol

DROID RAZR/ICS215

russel5150

Reaction score
i actually have something to put here, but i think im going to ask it in a new thread, about one of the developer options.... might be related

Russel the cop

Squeak87

Reaction score
So after my first day without a task killer I am happy to report that my phone is running smoother, and is running a bit cooler. However, I have noticed that my battery life has decreased a bit, nothing substantial but still hoping the trade off is worth it.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
i actually have something to put here, but i think im going to ask it in a new thread, about one of the developer options.... might be related

Russel the cop

Cops are here!!! Everyone put your phone away!! :rofl2:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So after my first day without a task killer I am happy to report that my phone is running smoother, and is running a bit cooler. However, I have noticed that my battery life has decreased a bit, nothing substantial but still hoping the trade off is worth it.

Glad to hear it :) hope it works out for ya ;)

Squeak87

Reaction score
I was mistaken, my battery life has actually increased. Makes sense since the task killer isn't constantly running.

weissman

Reaction score
On my just purchased RAZR M, the instructions from G4lt1 do not work. For example, when I long press the Home button, then release, all I get is "Manage Pages." Also, how exactly do I get to "Manage Apps?" When I go to Apps/Settings/Apps/Running there's a long list. Wouldn't I reduce battery drain if I could kill the ones I'm not currently needing? & if so, how do I do that?