Task killer that kills when below certain percent of memory

binsky3333

Reaction score
Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone knew a free task killer that automatically killed all my apps after the percent of ram left went below a certain level?

Thanks!

mewshi

Reaction score
Waiting for the hounds in 3... 2... 1...

Seriously, as most of the people here will tell you, killing apps doesn't do a lot for performance, can drain the battery faster, etc... basically, just avoid the task killers in general.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
B

binsky3333

Reaction score
Yes ive read that before, but why does my phone instantly get faster when i kill apps... If i dont kill apps my RAM goes all the way down to nearly 5mb left and my phone just completely freezes. Are there any good RAM managing roms out there? Android's memory management seriously sucks.

BTW i have a verizon droid 1.

mewshi

Reaction score
That's probably an app that is very poorly coded hogging all the resources. I highly doubt it has anything to do with the amount of ram available.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
You could try WatchDog. It isn't an app killer per se, but it should help you identify any apps that are causing problems.

I don't use it myself, so I can't vouch for how effective it is. Gets good reviews though.

lyam

Reaction score
You're looking for Autokiller Memory Optimizer. It's primary function is not as a task killer, but as a method to tweak Android's own thresholds for determining when to kill apps.

Spare Parts also has this ability, but in a much simplified format.

Last edited:

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
I'll have to remember that. WatchDog is more about battery/cpu usage.

kevdog

Reaction score
You could probably do this with Tasker and if you are rooted, however since I've never tried this specifically I can't give any specific advice.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes ive read that before, but why does my phone instantly get faster when i kill apps... If i dont kill apps my RAM goes all the way down to nearly 5mb left and my phone just completely freezes. Are there any good RAM managing roms out there? Android's memory management seriously sucks.
Despite what everyone apparently believes it's not just RAM. Look at what's using your resources and deal with problem apps directly.