1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Taking screen shots without root. (How-to)

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by dazoe, Jul 18, 2011.

1. dazoe

dazoe New Member

I know many of you know this already but i have seen some complaining about not being able to take screen shots because they don't have root. So i created a how-to for taking screen shots of the Droid 3 and most other android phones with out root.
    Note: Java development kit is required. (The installer only detects the x86 version, not x64) I installed both.
    [​IMG]

For windows:
    Step 1: Download android sdk installer. Android SDK | Android Developers
    [​IMG]
    Step 2: Install SDK.
    [​IMG]
    Note the location when you install.
    [​IMG]
    Step 3(This may or may not be needed):Run the SDK Manager to download the usb_driver. Close the install packages window so you can get to the main application. [​IMG] Chose to install google's usb driver package.
    Step 4: Turn on USB Debugging. Setting->Applications->Development->USB Debugging [​IMG]
    Step 4: Plug in your phone and use the usb driver located at (install location)\extras\google\usb_driver
    Step 5: Launch (Install location)\tools\ddms.bat
    Step 6: Select your device in the list and use the Device menu and select Screen Capture. [​IMG]
    Step 7: Click the save button, save the file, upload and share!

I hope this helps some of you out there. I may have missed some things here and there, if you have any problems feel free to ask or pm me.
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
Search tags for this page

can the droid pro take screenshots

droid 3 screenshot

how to take a screen shot on droid pro without rooting phone

how to take a screenshot on a droid 3

how to take a screenshot on a droid 3 without rooting

how to take a screenshot on droid 3

how to take a screenshot on droid3
how to take screenshot on a droid 3
screenshot droid3
screenshot on droid x without