Taking notes during a phone call

wysocki

Reaction score
Love my new DX but with all the apps I have, I can't figure out the best way to take some notes during a phone call or during voice mail retrieval. For example, I'm on a call with a client and they tell me directions or the address to a meeting place. Or I'm listening to a voice mail and they mention a call back number.

My memory really sucks so can't go to a note taking app after the call and write it down. The best method would be to be able to record the call and then be able to redial or navigate while hearing the playback later, but I can't find any app to record calls. And if I switch to a notes app during a voice call, I can't use voice-to-text to take the note!

My best solution so far is to glue a pad of real sticky notes and a pencil to the back of the Droid to use during a call. Anyone have better ideas?

Sniper_5

Reaction score
A voice recording app should run while in a call, I've used the voice recorder that came with my ROM for that a few times.

Sent from my DROID running UD2.1 @ 1Ghz

eodguy2

Reaction score
Just put phone on speaker while talking with them, hit home key, then open what ever note app you have. If want to get back to call screen, just pull down notification screen and click on current call. Hope that helps.

OP
wysocki

wysocki

Reaction score
Young bucks??? I'm 63!

Thanks for the tip about switching to the notes, The last time I tried switching from the phone call was into a voice recorder app that killed the sound of the call so I didn't think of using a note pad. The voice recorder would have been great but I guess they have a hard time working to record a call on a Droid X. Even with the notes app, I can't use the mic to take notes during a call because the phone has it captive.