1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Taking notes during a phone call

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by wysocki, Nov 29, 2010.

1. wysocki

wysocki New Member

Love my new DX but with all the apps I have, I can't figure out the best way to take some notes during a phone call or during voice mail retrieval. For example, I'm on a call with a client and they tell me directions or the address to a meeting place. Or I'm listening to a voice mail and they mention a call back number.

My memory really sucks so can't go to a note taking app after the call and write it down. The best method would be to be able to record the call and then be able to redial or navigate while hearing the playback later, but I can't find any app to record calls. And if I switch to a notes app during a voice call, I can't use voice-to-text to take the note!

My best solution so far is to glue a pad of real sticky notes and a pencil to the back of the Droid to use during a call. Anyone have better ideas?
  2. qqqqqqqman

qqqqqqqman New Member

Ahh, you young bucks :eek:hmy:.....paper and pen, for me :)

3. Sniper_5

Sniper_5 New Member

A voice recording app should run while in a call, I've used the voice recorder that came with my ROM for that a few times.

Sent from my DROID running UD2.1 @ 1Ghz
  4. eodguy2

eodguy2 New Member

Just put phone on speaker while talking with them, hit home key, then open what ever note app you have. If want to get back to call screen, just pull down notification screen and click on current call. Hope that helps.
  5. wysocki

wysocki New Member

Young bucks??? I'm 63!

Thanks for the tip about switching to the notes, The last time I tried switching from the phone call was into a voice recorder app that killed the sound of the call so I didn't think of using a note pad. The voice recorder would have been great but I guess they have a hard time working to record a call on a Droid X. Even with the notes app, I can't use the mic to take notes during a call because the phone has it captive.
Search tags for this page
android app take notes during call

android take notes during call

android taking notes during a phone call
best way to take notes from a phone call
best way to take phone notes
can a stenographer take notes on a telephone call legally

can i record voice while a phone call in samsung note

easiest way to type notes during phone call

how can i make a note while in a call

how to take notes while on the phone

note taking phone calls

super note app, can it record while on the phone?
take notes after call
taking notes from phone call
taking notes of a telephone conversation