Tablet advice and recommendations

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So like it says, I'm in the market for a tablet. I'm already up to my elbows with Motorola... I'm not saying that's a bad thing at all. Yes the ics thing and the boot loaders are annoying, but honestly with my life, I don't have alot of time for rooting and Modding anyway.

This is what I need it to do. As a musician...singer/songwriter/guitarist.. I need to be able to get some sort of a program similar but not limited to pro tools loaded into it. Other than that, general use. Here's the sickening part, I own a fender mustang4 amp, great guitar amp, and simplified my life alot... no need to carry around a bunch if effect pedals, cables, adapters..... you get the idea. Now the bad part if this, fender fuse is a recording software that I have been told is pretty much only PC, and IOS friendly. Does anybody know for sure? Fender doesn't.. I don't. Sounds like I'm pretty uninformed, but consider this, my bread and butter is playing and singing...live. I NEED to.get into recording my own stuff at home simply because studio time is expensive, its away from home, as a musician I'm already away from home A LOT. too much.

Normally I'd say suck it up... but my dad has had a stroke recently, I have a 10 year old that I need more time with, and a wife that needs me to help out. If I don't play, I don't get paid obviously. But being able to record and store with this device would greatly help. I don't want to get an ipad3... I love android. But for the sake of what I have to do.... if I have to, I have to. Motos xyboard looks good, the transformer prime is better, I'm told... idk. The pad 3 is great, so I'm told.

So I'm asking you the educated 10% of the android community... for advice and suggestions. I'd like to stay under 900$ if possible... thanks.

This is what I know about the moto xyboard.

So the xyboard 10.1 is a definite possibility. Is it able to accept SD cards? I know there are three different variants, and I think its running ics... I'm not 100% sure. It could be honeycomb.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

Last edited:

Caesars

Reaction score
I've had a Android pad, touchpad and now iPad, however zero experience with what you need it for lol. If its any constellation the iPad is by far my favorite as far as meeting my personal needs.

DROID RAZR MAXX

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've had a Android pad, touchpad and now iPad, however zero experience with what you need it for lol. If its any constellation the iPad is by far my favorite as far as meeting my personal needs.

DROID RAZR MAXX

Thanx for the info, any and all info is appreciated!!!
OK, and I pad is compatible with the mustang already.
However, abelton lite... I was just informed, is compatible with IOS and Android. This is great news. But I had someone tell me that I'm nuts if I.get anything other than an ipad3. I don't mean to sound closed minded, I just prefer Android. I have lots of droids running around here. And I have little to no IOS experience.

If I stay DROID, it makes less of a cash outlay. With all the medical bills right now from my dad, that's important.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

Insidious

Reaction score
I'd have to reccomend the iPad. I have an Iconia A100, and honestly for tablet use, integration, and productivity; the iPad kicks most Android tabs to the curb. I know this is Droid/Android site, but iOS was actually made for the tablet, while Android was made for the phone. (Jobs wanted a tablet product before he thought of the iPhone).

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
If you decide to go the iPad route, be sure to check out our sister site at iPad Forum

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
With the info about abelton and fact that I can readily use my maxx to send and receive info with a tablet. There's an abelton lite controller app on the play market. I think I'll call fender on Monday and see if they know anything else other than nothing.

If nothing else, I guess I'll just go the laptop route... because apparently a good laptop can do what I need as well. A tablet is preferable to me though. But life isn't always what we want...

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If you decide to go the iPad route, be sure to check out our sister site at iPad Forum

Thanx for the tip. I'll take that into consideration. :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm doing my homework until I can call fender, and lots of people are recommending I pads, especially the new I pad.. but I have found alot of audio recording apps for android too. If it seems like I'm wanting to stay android, I do. Then I can record and transport and share data between the pad and my phone.

If you have any suggestions and recommendations.... feel free to clue me in. I appreciate it guys and gals.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Bump.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Bump again... any suggestions?

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

Caesars

Reaction score
could rock out ipad2, think refurbs are 350 at apple.com

DROID RAZR MAXX

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
could rock out ipad2, think refurbs are 350 at apple.com

DROID RAZR MAXX

If I'm gonna go apple, shouldn't I just get an ipad3??? Yes cash outlay is a concern... but if I have to put the cash out, I'm going for the latest greatest. That way I don't have buyers remorse lol. I think that's throwing money away that we don't need to... wait, did I just say that??? Ohhh man.

My wife has suggested getting an android tablet, and also an ipad3

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
OK... so how about android multi track audio recording apps???

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Sorry.... looking for info or advice. Bump.......

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It's Monday, hopefully you guys are back from the weekend, and will have an opinion..... bump.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!