Advice concerning VZW Customer Service

tcyree2202

Reaction score
Need some advice/help here. I've been chatting with VZWSupport on twitter since last night about my horrible 3g data speeds. Right now, I'm rooted, running a JB ROM, I've flashed a non-stock baseband as well. Galaxy Nexus, by the way. I've been jobless for a couple months, so 3g is my only internet connection right now. I need it to pay what little bills I can, apply for jobs online, etc... I don't play online games with it, such as Xbox live or similar things. I don't download stuff. Last month I barely went over 2gb, and I still have unlimited data. The most recent response I got from Verizon asked what software, build number, and baseband I was running. I'm afraid if I answer that truthfully, they'll stop talking to me, having figured out I'm rooted at that point. Any thoughts?

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Honestly, I live in so cal, number 2 cell phone market, verizon 3g speeds are less than ½ what they were 6 months ago, 4g is also as bad. As more and more people climb aboard the slower it gets. I'm sure in your area the same phenomena is happening.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
aefd648e-f3c7-7c52.jpg

Its not too good down here either.

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I've had 10 worse than that, as bad as .14, really. About ten more on par with that since I got my razr in November.

OP
tcyree2202

tcyree2202

Reaction score
Same kind of results here. There's no 4g where I live, but I work 30 miles away in the next town where they do have it. 4g speeds seem fine. I get pretty weak cell signal at the house, not sure if that's indicative of my data connection, i.e. proximity to the nearest tower. I mean, it's a pretty small town, but it is consistently growing. Could just be a lot more new users creating more traffic. I still haven't responded to their last tweet, lol.