Synching Facebook Contacts

Rolster8

Reaction score
I only have my google contacts listed. Some of them have their FB profile pics as their picture as a part of my contact on my X2. How do I get the contacts I know that are FB friends to synch up with the corresponding google contacts on my phone. I want to be able to do this on individual contacts and not go into display settings within the Contacts and select to show all 300+ FB contacts.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

ksalce

Reaction score
I only have my google contacts listed. Some of them have their FB profile pics as their picture as a part of my contact on my X2. How do I get the contacts I know that are FB friends to synch up with the corresponding google contacts on my phone. I want to be able to do this on individual contacts and not go into display settings within the Contacts and select to show all 300+ FB contacts.

Go into the facebook app home screen (the one where it gives you the option to click profile, chat, news feed, messages, ect.) and click the menu button and click on settings. Then go all the way down the menu and you'll see a setting called sync contacts. Then choose sync with existing contacts instead of sync all and you should be all set.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Jason.DROID

Reaction score
The X2 doesn't have that setting because Facebook isn't a system application on these phones.

AFAIK, the only way to do it is through the display options in the contacts area. Just display contacts with phone numbers only.

OP
Rolster8

Rolster8

Reaction score
As Jason.DROID said in his post, my FB app did not have that option. So then why do some of my contacts have their FB profile pics? That's the part I have not had time to figure out.

DoubleTapp89

Reaction score
Are you wanting to get the same name of you Google contact and Facebook contacts together so you wont see two of the same name?

Beka27

Reaction score
Have you tried sync my pics from the market ?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
I gotcha man, I went through this.

Like the others said, not possible through the market app. You have to add an account through the blur social networking app. Then, go to individual contacts, open one, settings, join, pick the facebook name. That will join the accounts. Then, edit the contact and scroll through the list. You will see a Gmail pic (whatever you had saved on your old phone) and below it you will see your newly joined FB account. Long press and delete whatever pic you don't want as the contact icon, and it'll default to the FB one.

Mavic

Reaction score
Yeah this is something I hated before I even rooted my phone. The Blur social networking app sucks and it's a shame they won't let you allow the official Facebook app to override the contact data. My LG Vortex had "Facebook for LG" and it didn't restrain me to using that. Motorola should really consider user input for stuff like this.

Quayuazue

Reaction score
I have found that if you go to each of your phone contacts and set them to the group "favorites" and then return to the list with the phone and facebook contacts all together, select the facebook contact and hit the menu button select "link" and select all contacts ant the person should now be in the list to select...

:)

Q

grnidkjun

Reaction score
I have the same issue.. Some of my contacts have linked automatically.. Some haven't and I don't see why