Google Contacts (Getting Your Contacts to List as You Want Them)

Rolster8

Reaction score
So, I love to have my google contacts to appear last name first. I also am aware that on the X2 you can specify to list names as last name first or first name first. To complicate matters, in my google contacts some entries have commas separating last name from the first name. Basically one of my questions is this, how do my core contacts need to created (regardless of how mixed my current contacts may be) to come at it from a "my contacts are entered correctly" and all I need to focus on is the X2 interface of listing last name first because until I get my contacts squared away, the X2 will not put my contacts the way I want to view them?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Gonkulor

Reaction score
Rolster8 - do you have an update?

I'm lurking around reading of others issues and corrections. My issue is of contacts having one entry with last name ,<comma> first name and facebook or work e-mail then another entry with first then last name and work phone or work email, then I'll have another entry of just there email as the name, and I'll have another entry like either of the first two examples and it will have there home address and/or phone number.

Right now I have over 600+ contact entries and the only way I can imagine to fix this is to have 2 browser windows open and just start editing. I have done googles combine option.

grgguy

Reaction score
Try going into your gmail account on your pc and merging all the duplicates. I had a similar issue and that worked for me . Also into the My accounts app. on your phone and deleting fb.

OP
Rolster8

Rolster8

Reaction score
I was going to second the reply before mine. I forget where it is, but there is an option somewhere to say to not include FB friends in your Contacts.

My current problem, and I can't remember where to turn this off, is stopping Gmail from adding a contact of just an email address when I get a new email. Any answers out there?

MarshallCS

Reaction score
I was going to second the reply before mine. I forget where it is, but there is an option somewhere to say to not include FB friends in your Contacts.

My current problem, and I can't remember where to turn this off, is stopping Gmail from adding a contact of just an email address when I get a new email. Any answers out there?

its under settings / accounts. Delete facebook, and your facebook contacts will go away.