Sync Droid 2 with Outlook 2010

politico

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to sync the droid 2 with outlook 2010. I can't get it to work. Must be doing something wrong. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

pool_shark

Reaction score
Outlook or Exchange?

There is no sync with Outlook without 3rd party software.

wmscottmc

Reaction score
What data are you trying to sync (contact, email, calendar, task, memo)?

gveserat

Reaction score
Yes, I have Win 7 Ultimate 64bit and MS Outlook 2010.

Droid 2 phone I just received.

wmscottmc

Reaction score
I tried a couple of the 3rd party apps, none were acceptable to me. Im on Outlook 2007. I finally migrated my Outlook data to google, and no longer use Outlook. I miss it, but could not find a secure, reliable, app to sync to my phone.

Good luck, and please let us know if you find a good app, that actually works, and is secure.

gveserat

Reaction score
I just spoke with "Companion Link" in Oregon. They just told me once installed on my desktop, it should Sync with my Droid 2 - after I install "DajaOffice" from the Google app store.

It will then keep my Droid 2 updated with any changes I make on my desktop. . . correct???

Anyone have any comments on this????

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think if you look in your gmail setup it explains how to send csv files to gmail so you can sync that way. That's how my wife did it. It doesn't cost a thing.

pool_shark

Reaction score
I think if you look in your gmail setup it explains how to send csv files to gmail so you can sync that way. That's how my wife did it. It doesn't cost a thing.

Unfortunately that requires exporting and importing every time you get a new meeting request, or you have to manually enter in the meeting info. It also does nothing for tasks and notes.

pool_shark

Reaction score
I just spoke with "Companion Link" in Oregon. They just told me once installed on my desktop, it should Sync with my Droid 2 - after I install "DajaOffice" from the Google app store.

It will then keep my Droid 2 updated with any changes I make on my desktop. . . correct???

Anyone have any comments on this????

The reason I decided Android would be sufficient was because I had read about companionlink. Then I started reading about people having problems with duplicates and/or missing info.

I believe companionlink comes with a free trial. I will have to try it myself and if it works, I'll have to talk my office into allowing me to install it on my office PC.

Jamb

Reaction score
I set up touchdown and it works flawlessly, took 3minutes to set up.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

pool_shark

Reaction score
I set up touchdown and it works flawlessly, took 3minutes to set up.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

You're using touchdown to sync with Outlook on your PC?
Not Exchange, Outlook?

gveserat

Reaction score
Touchdown??

Where do I get "Touch Down"?

URL????

Thank you.

Anyone else have any comments??? about Touchdown???

Jamb

Reaction score
I use it for exchange to recieve email and calendar interaction with outlook2007, You can get it from market. works fine using exchange and outlook calendar.