Outlook 2010 and Droid2

philzo

Reaction score
What app do I need to synchronize my Outlook calendar and contacts with my Droid2? I'm running Outlook 2010 64 bit on Windows 7.

Thanks,
Phil

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you using an exchange account or anything? There is a 'Google Calendar Sync' for Windows that will sync the exchange calendar with your Google Calendar. As far as just the Outlook that's on your computer (if you don't have exchange) the only way I know of is CompanionLink. Personally I never liked it especially for the price. I wish BirdieSync would get off their butts and support Android, they were the best for WinMo.

Alternatively (for what it's worth) having to 'sync' is one reason I abandoned Outlook (well, Thunderbird actually) when I went to Droid. Now I have to use it a bit because of work (exchange stuff) but then I still use Google for most things and use the GCS on my PC and TouchDown on my phone to keep everything straight.

OP
P

philzo

Reaction score
No, I don't use exchange, just Outlook on my PC as my contact/calendar/pop client application. I don't use gmail or other google calendar either. Thanks. I'll look into CompanionLink.

OP
P

philzo

Reaction score
Thanks for the link to that discussion. I really want to avoid using Google (unless, of course, I'm searching the web); I'll check out companion link.

Taegost

Reaction score
You can't avoid using Google on a Droid phone... I don't know if there is an app to sync directly between your PC and phone without going through the cloud somehow.

Modred189

Reaction score
Just an fyi, google calendar sync only woks with mIcrosoft Office 2010 32 bit. Not 64 bit.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just an fyi, google calendar sync only woks with mIcrosoft Office 2010 32 bit. Not 64 bit.

Good catch, I forgot about that. But unless the OP specifically choose to install the 64bit versions (custom install) Office still defaults to 32bit install since it's still recommended for most users.

Modred189

Reaction score
Yea, I made that mistake. No real difference in performance, and some add ons just don't work.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea, I made that mistake. No real difference in performance, and some add ons just don't work.

Nope, and the add-ons is why M$ is recommending the 32-bit UNLESS you deal with really LARGE files (excel and power-points over 2G) then there is a noticeable difference because of how they can utilize the systems memory (supposedly, I have no files anywhere near that so can't test it).

OP
P

philzo

Reaction score
Companion Link has a WIFI and a USB connect mode that avoids the internet.