switching from Verizon to Sprint...

cleave

Reaction score
Any thoughts or experiences? Thinking of making the change, just curious to know if anyone else has. And if so, is the change better or worse?
Thanks

skennelly

Reaction score
Any thoughts or experiences? Thinking of making the change, just curious to know if anyone else has. And if so, is the change better or worse?
Thanks

It all depends on the area you are in. Where I'm located, I wouldn't even get reception in my house with sprint.

*Sent from my Galaxy to yours through tapatalk

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
It all depends on the area you are in. Where I'm located, I wouldn't even get reception in my house with sprint.

*Sent from my Galaxy to yours through tapatalk

Exactly. You can get an idea of how customer service is, or how reception is while traveling, by asking about it in general. But in order to really get an idea of what the switch would be like for you, you'll need to speak with people who live and work in your area. If I made the switch, I'd be giving up a substantial amount of reception, not to mention a vast amount of mobile to mobile minutes and texts (not just for me, but the people I most frequently call/text with are on Verizon too, so if I were to switch, it would eat up their plan). All of the people I know on Sprint in my area have far more reception issues than I'm willing to put up with. But that's where I live. In some areas of the country, Sprint will have stronger service than Verizon. Hopefully you can find out how things are for both in your area to help you make an informed decision.

OP
cleave

cleave

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses.
Yeah, i kinda figured reception would depend on my area (N. California, Bay area). However, i was hoping i might hear from someone that actually switched from Verizon to Sprint. I'm curious to know if anyone who has switched has noticed any significant delays or increases in Web page loading times, dropped calls, text/email messages not sent, etc.? Also, as you have mentioned...customer service experience comparisons as well?

Since Verizon has implemented this new "share everything" policy, i realized that i could save $70 a month by switching my family to Sprint. I am very happy with the service i get from Verizon, just that the cost increase is killing me.

Yeah, yeah, i know...ya get what you pay for. Thanks again for the responses.