Swiftkey keyboard

itwerk

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Just wondering if anyone has tried out this new keyboard called swiftkey. I'm using it right now and it is pretty sweet. It seems kinda weird at first but you can definitely tell this keyboard has a ton of potential. I'm going to give it a few days and see how fast i can become with it. I'm using tapatalk so I don't know how to post links, but if you go to androidforums.com and go to the applications forum, there is a thread discussing it and there is an apk you can download. Go check it out!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I just got my beta this morning, and it's really really cool. It looks a lot more professional than any of the other keyboards I've tried (including HTC IME and the Android stock one). I love that it guesses what word I'm going to type next before I even start typing it. If this had the speech-to-text of the stock keyboard I'd use it exclusively, but for now I think I'm going to swap between the two. I like this better than swype, thickbuttons, and the other things I've tried. Bravo to the dev team on this keyboard.

Reaction score
One problem I just encountered. I like to have the sound on and vibration off on my touchscreen keyboard. It actually interrupts the music I'm playing (using "3") at every keystroke, whereas the stock keyboard sounds just play over the music instead of making it skip. Hopefully this will be fixed in the final release.

EDIT: Same problem when using the stock music player.

Last edited:

dboss007

Reaction score
Swiftkey is AWESOME! I love the ease of typing with it as its way faster than any of the other KB's. My only issue is that after a few hours, it really starts to lag my entire phone. In taking a look at my 'Running Services' screen, its usually eating up over 20MB's. So I end up having to uninstall it once this happens. If they could fix this, I'd be in KB paradise. Is anyone else seeing this issue?

hookerdj

Reaction score
Thanks I just downloaded out im going to go have to go try it

hookerdj

Reaction score
Go into goggle and type swift key android download and I think our was the third site down the list look you will find it.its free

hookerdj

Reaction score
Iamtrying this thing out for the first time so it's working fast but not as fast as eagle gay. Uninstalling

Million

Reaction score
Swype its so much better and faster

Agreed, I've tried Swiftkey and a few other keyboard softwares, and Swype has reigned supreme. Its simple, fast, responsive, smart and intuitive...and the newer versions have just improved!