Swapping phones with Verizon Details

grannynancy

Reaction score
I ordered the Droid 2 global for my daughter on July 6th to take advantage of unlimited data. It will arrive tomorrow. Can I do my exchange for the Droid 3 (Of course paying the $35 + the $50 price difference) without even activating the Droid 2?

I would have waited were it not for that magic July 7 day.

Do I need to do this online direct or can I take it to a store. (Saving Fed Ex fees, but right now it is only online, right?)

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
I think its just fed-ex return the box should contain the details on that, thats what I was told by the rep who did my order today for my D3 he said I had 14 days and the details are in the box on how to return if i wish, so if nothing is in your box tomorrow I would give them a call to ask.

I ordered the Droid 2 global for my daughter on July 6th to take advantage of unlimited data. It will arrive tomorrow. Can I do my exchange for the Droid 3 (Of course paying the $35 + the $50 price difference) without even activating the Droid 2?

I would have waited were it not for that magic July 7 day.

Do I need to do this online direct or can I take it to a store. (Saving Fed Ex fees, but right now it is only online, right?)

Raptor007

Reaction score
First make sure you are locked into the unlimited data based on the D2G you ordered. You may have to activate it to get locked in, then call CS and tell them you want the D3, they will do an advance phone swap. Now this part is not fun. When you ship your D2G back make sure you keep the Fed Ex tracking slip for the return, especially if you billed this to your account but also if its on your credit card. It will take at least 3, yes 3 billing cycles to get that credit back. I went through this back in December, I had the D2G and swapped it for a DX and my wife was going to kill me because every month the $270 charge was on the bill and it took countless calls to get it cleared up.

Its a simple process made incredibly difficult by the warehouse that receives all returns at Verizon.

OP
G

grannynancy

Reaction score
Thank so much for the info - I did call them and they said she would have to activate it first (funny you think they would rather get back a completely un touched phone!).

So I fed exed the phone to her (she is in another state) and they said for her to activate the phone immediately then go to a store and even if they don't have it they can order it. Tight but hopefully she can work it out (with my account access etc.)

Good to know about the billing challenges we may face and then have to get taken off.

With about 15years experience dealing with Bell South/ Verizon I know it is very important to "follow the rules"

psouza4

Reaction score
I did the same thing two weeks ago with my Droid X2. They say it can take 4-6 weeks to process, but as soon as your bank or credit card statement shows the credit for your refund, you can call them up and have them override it, giving you your upgrade discount back immediately (in some cases, you'll never get it back if you don't call in).