Surf and Talk?

Big Dawg 23

Reaction score
long story short I am looking to switch to a Note 5. I had the Note 1-3 but left for a iPhone 6 Plus. Thanks to VZW garbage Advanced calling 1.0 to get talk and Surf I am dropping calls when it's on.

I travel for work and need to do Webex and send emails while on the phone. After some search it appears the S6 and Droid Turbo don't talk and surf with out advanced calling.

Is the note 5 the same way?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Apparently Verizon got rid of the dual radios on their latest Galaxy S line, so unless you have Advanced calling enabled and are in a good LTE area, you're out of luck. If you always have a good LTE connection, you should be fine.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
This was an Issue i had when I got my Droid Turbo and it was one of the first to have this issue.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It sounds like Verizon continues to force manufacturers to disable the 1X radio in Verizon branded phones, insisting that they will only use the 4G antenna for their VoLTE network. Like other phone makers, I find it hard to believe that Samsung intentionally built a phone with only one antenna.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
B

Big Dawg 23

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick replies. Sounds like I might want to go with a Note 4. I only dumped my Note 3 after the Kitkat upgrade drastically killed my signal.