Sunday Evening Chat: Fall back

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
nexus6-size-teaser.jpg

Hopefully by now you set your clocks back if not you probably found yourself doing everything a hour earlier. Most, if not all, smart phones will take care of making time clock adjustments for us so we are not having to fool with it.

This past week we finally got a chance to see the last of the 2014 devices to release in time for the holidays with the exception of the rumored updated M8 and the GSM version of the Droid Turbo. In the coming days we will continue to see reviews and head to heads to help users determine which device to purchase. In case you need a run down of the 2014 devices available for purchase I will list them.

• Samsung Galaxy S5
  • HTC M8
  • LG G3
  • Samsung Galaxy Alpha
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 4
  • iPhone 6/6+
  • Motorola X 2014
  • Motorola X 2014 Pure edition (not available for verizon)
  • Droid Turbo (Verizon only)
  • Motorola G 2014 (mid end device)
  • Motorola E 2014 (low end)
  • Motorola Nexus 6
  • Sony Xperia Z3v (Verizon)
  • Sony Xperia Z3
  • HTC M8 Windows 8 version
  • Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 (AT&T)
  • Samsung Galaxy S5 Active (AT&T)
  • Samsung Galaxy Note Edge
  • Amazon Fire phone
For those of you buying a phone this year which phone did you buy (or will buy)?

For those who bought a phone this year give us a run down of your likes/dislikes as well as the phone you are coming from.

Those waiting for a phone or more phone reviews what do you need to see to help you make your decision?

lizziewriter

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
... For those of you buying a phone this year which phone did you buy (or will buy)?

For those who bought a phone this year give us a run down of your likes/dislikes as well as the phone you are coming from.

Those waiting for a phone or more phone reviews what do you need to see to help you make your decision?

Hi.... New to this forum and its style. I got a Samsung Note3 this year, and while I'd been admiring them for a while, I am frustrated with the touchscreen thing, and also with service issues. I like the larger screen and more powerful machine and all! I had hoped that my Motorola Droid4 would last until a replacement came out, but that does not seem to be in the works, and I needed a new phone.
I'm looking forward to learning a lot here, as I have to help our family/small biz navigate phone and technology choices. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

lizziewriter

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thanks cr6 ! The S5 belongs to a teen and I hope he makes it last for a change ! The Razr Maxx HD was a nice phone too.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Hello.

My name is Jon.

I'm an androidholi...wait. Oh. That's not what this is. Sorry.

Currently loving the Note 4. Other phone history is in my signature.

No major complaints on the Note 4, just simple little things, which can be read about in detail in some of the threads I've started/joined in the Note 4 area.

Biggest gripe is probably that blocking mode no longer shuts off the notification light like it did on the S4. (Like I said, tiny little things)

The screen is ridiculously beautiful. If anyone's been considering the device, but hasn't been to the store to see it in person, do yourself a favor and stop to look at it. Wow.

S pen is actually a LOT more useful than I thought it'd be. I find myself pulling it out a lot more than I thought I ever would.

Also, Happy Monday! o_O