Olympic Sunday Evening Chat:

Discussion in 'Android News' started by pc747, Feb 9, 2014.

1. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

[​IMG]

1) What do you want to see from Samsung with the Galaxy s5 and what do you want to see from HTC with the HTC M8?

2) A shout out to our Moto X users:
    - what phone did you come from?
    - what made you choose the x?
    - what you like most/least about the X
    - what you want to see motorola change for its successor?

3) Most intriguing story of this past week (chromecast sdk, all cast, unpacked 5 stories, red nexus 5, droid zap coming to all android devices running 4.0+, or post a story that intrigued you)?
    1 person likes this.
  2. xeene

xeene Well-Known Member

Opening ceremony was interesting. We watched it on both, American and Russian channels. Americans showed the 5th ring malfunction while Russian tv replaced the malfunction with a practice run when all 5 opened.
  3. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

2) I came from the Galaxy Nexus. I choose this Moto X for the dev edition. The best thing I like about it is Active Display.

3) I like that Chromecast opened up its SDK. Updating Google Play Services was the only pita about getting Allcast to work. But worth it in the end.

Tapped from a Moto X
    1 person likes this.
  4. YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth Theme Developer Theme Developer

From Sammy - better CDMA Radios! I've lost all interest in HTC after the Thunderbolt LOL

- I ditched my Note 3 for the Moto X (see statement above LOL) ... for me, the Note 3 just didn't perform well as a phone (on Verizon). Same issue I had with the Galaxy Nexus (went through SIX of those phones!) and did not want to go down that same route. Just decided to sell it and move on ...
    - I chose the x due to the price. I didn't have another upgrade available and the price of the x is significantly less than other manufacturer's flagship devices.
    - Active display has to be my favorite feature, followed by the quick twist camera shortcut. What I like least about the x? um, ah ... I'll have to get back to ya LOL
    - I'd like to see Motorola either offer a slightly bigger variant of the x2 (or even 2 sizes for those that prefer the smaller form) ... or, as rumors suggest - more options to motomaker.com that allow you to select screen size, etc.

Chromecast SDK for sure! I think the potential for Chromecast will now be unleashed!
    1 person likes this.
  5. LoneWolfArcher

LoneWolfArcher Well-Known Member

1) No opinion.

2) Came from the OG Droid Razr. Night and day between the two phones. The Moto X is incredible and has shown no signs of slowing down do matter what I throw at it. I chose the X because of good reviews and a low full purchase price. We wanted to keep Verizon unlimited data and getting two phones (for the wife and I) for what it would cost for 1 (I was considering the Note III) made the decision easy. Plus I had scored 2 Black Friday codes.

What I like most is the smoothness and no lag of the phone. The phone literally performs better than any smartphone I've ever held. Plus it has just as big of a screen as my Razr but is smaller overall. I also like the hands-free functionality though I don't use it nearly as much as I thought I would. Mostly just to set alarms.

Only knock on the phone is no sd-card slot. This is not nearly as big of a deal with cloud based services connecting up seamlessly now, but I still miss the feature.

Not sure what to say to the last question as this phone is so awesome I could see myself keeping it for a lot longer than the 2 years I kept my Razr.

3) Chromecast SDK by far, and then the resulting support in AllCast. Also, I found the update to Google Play Services rather painless. Installed both on my tablet and phone in a matter of minutes.
  6. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

@YankInDaSouth

Looking back at this story looks like you called it. "A bigger variant of the X2"

[​IMG]
    Looks like that's what we about to get.
    YankInDaSouth likes this.
  7. YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth Theme Developer Theme Developer

Yup, that sure does look like a bigger version of the 2014 X! Wonder if it'll have the same features as the X ...

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk