Olympic Sunday Evening Chat:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
sochi-winter-olympics-2014.jpg%3Fw%3D720%26h%3D405%26l%3D50%26t%3D40

1) What do you want to see from Samsung with the Galaxy s5 and what do you want to see from HTC with the HTC M8?

2) A shout out to our Moto X users:
- what phone did you come from?
- what made you choose the x?
- what you like most/least about the X
- what you want to see motorola change for its successor?

3) Most intriguing story of this past week (chromecast sdk, all cast, unpacked 5 stories, red nexus 5, droid zap coming to all android devices running 4.0+, or post a story that intrigued you)?

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Opening ceremony was interesting. We watched it on both, American and Russian channels. Americans showed the 5th ring malfunction while Russian tv replaced the malfunction with a practice run when all 5 opened.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey

3) Most intriguing story of this past week (chromecast sdk, all cast, unpacked 5 stories, red nexus 5, droid zap coming to all android devices running 4.0+, or post a story that intrigued you)?

2) I came from the Galaxy Nexus. I choose this Moto X for the dev edition. The best thing I like about it is Active Display.

3) I like that Chromecast opened up its SDK. Updating Google Play Services was the only pita about getting Allcast to work. But worth it in the end.

Tapped from a Moto X

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
1) What do you want to see from Samsung with the Galaxy s5 and what do you want to see from HTC with the HTC M8?​

From Sammy - better CDMA Radios! I've lost all interest in HTC after the Thunderbolt LOL

- I ditched my Note 3 for the Moto X (see statement above LOL) ... for me, the Note 3 just didn't perform well as a phone (on Verizon). Same issue I had with the Galaxy Nexus (went through SIX of those phones!) and did not want to go down that same route. Just decided to sell it and move on ...
- I chose the x due to the price. I didn't have another upgrade available and the price of the x is significantly less than other manufacturer's flagship devices.
- Active display has to be my favorite feature, followed by the quick twist camera shortcut. What I like least about the x? um, ah ... I'll have to get back to ya LOL
- I'd like to see Motorola either offer a slightly bigger variant of the x2 (or even 2 sizes for those that prefer the smaller form) ... or, as rumors suggest - more options to motomaker.com that allow you to select screen size, etc.

Chromecast SDK for sure! I think the potential for Chromecast will now be unleashed!

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
1) What do you want to see from Samsung with the Galaxy s5 and what do you want to see from HTC with the HTC M8?

1) No opinion.

2) Came from the OG Droid Razr. Night and day between the two phones. The Moto X is incredible and has shown no signs of slowing down do matter what I throw at it. I chose the X because of good reviews and a low full purchase price. We wanted to keep Verizon unlimited data and getting two phones (for the wife and I) for what it would cost for 1 (I was considering the Note III) made the decision easy. Plus I had scored 2 Black Friday codes.

What I like most is the smoothness and no lag of the phone. The phone literally performs better than any smartphone I've ever held. Plus it has just as big of a screen as my Razr but is smaller overall. I also like the hands-free functionality though I don't use it nearly as much as I thought I would. Mostly just to set alarms.

Only knock on the phone is no sd-card slot. This is not nearly as big of a deal with cloud based services connecting up seamlessly now, but I still miss the feature.

Not sure what to say to the last question as this phone is so awesome I could see myself keeping it for a lot longer than the 2 years I kept my Razr.

3) Chromecast SDK by far, and then the resulting support in AllCast. Also, I found the update to Google Play Services rather painless. Installed both on my tablet and phone in a matter of minutes.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
From Sammy - better CDMA Radios! I've lost all interest in HTC after the Thunderbolt LOL

- I ditched my Note 3 for the Moto X (see statement above LOL) ... for me, the Note 3 just didn't perform well as a phone (on Verizon). Same issue I had with the Galaxy Nexus (went through SIX of those phones!) and did not want to go down that same route. Just decided to sell it and move on ...
- I chose the x due to the price. I didn't have another upgrade available and the price of the x is significantly less than other manufacturer's flagship devices.
- Active display has to be my favorite feature, followed by the quick twist camera shortcut. What I like least about the x? um, ah ... I'll have to get back to ya LOL
- I'd like to see Motorola either offer a slightly bigger variant of the x2 (or even 2 sizes for those that prefer the smaller form) ... or, as rumors suggest - more options to motomaker.com that allow you to select screen size, etc.

Chromecast SDK for sure! I think the potential for Chromecast will now be unleashed!

@YankInDaSouth

Looking back at this story looks like you called it. "A bigger variant of the X2"

shamu-possible-710x463-690x449.jpg

Looks like that's what we about to get.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Yup, that sure does look like a bigger version of the 2014 X! Wonder if it'll have the same features as the X ...

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk