1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Summary: 1 Week milestone

Discussion in 'Motorola Milestone' started by RinTinTigger, Nov 25, 2009.

1. RinTinTigger

RinTinTigger Premium Member Premium Member

Hey guys,

after exactly having the Milestone for One week,
    i want to give a little deeper view on pros and cons of that
    device.

That summary is subjective and writtten from a former BlackBerry user,
    so some of you maybe not able to figure out the point of some pros and cons, but just read em.

Ill start with Cons.

CONS

-Email:
    Yes i CAN recieve Gmail and any other POP and IMAP Mail, but there are some issues like attachement-saving, 3G/2G sync that is not working the same. It was all a little more comfortable on the Blackberry.

-Construction:
    As seen in many videos, the Sound-Adjust buttons on the Milestones are totally sloppy and shaking. That is a real bad construction. Also the physical DPAD has a crumbly noise even if you just swipe your fingers over the buttons

-Contacts:
    A way to sort your contacts by Name, then First name should be implementet, maybe coming with OTA update!

-Copy paste concept
    To get a number from a website direct to a call would be nice, that was better on the BlackBerry,
    but maybe also one thing that is fixed with OTA update

-Backup
    An easy software to just oneclick backup/restore would be nice

THIS IS IT!

Pros:

-Concept:

Everything on the Milestone has been thought over verry well and is designed pretty well, that reaches from menues, to wifi to market...even the 40 Secounds boot is just a pure blast!

-Speed:
    This device is so amazing huge FAST!!!! In everything, shutdown, boot, wifi, browser, pinch to zoom, whatever!

-Apps Widgets:
    Just amazing...what else can i say! There is an app for nearly every purpose, and if not, its on the horizon to come soon!

-Accessories:
    They are not all aviable yet but ive seen a huge amount of crazy stuff to come up soon!

-Battery Life:
    when i activate 3G network only for Downloading or Surfing then Battery holds nearly 2 days. its just amazing. I do some calls, recieve 50 mails a day, like to game a little ond SNSoid and surf the market a little while.
    Best for smartphones ive ever seen especially when compared to a blackberry storm!

Neutrals

-The physical keyboard
    Its nothing great, but its not too bad, i mostly hit every key i intended

-The SD Card
    It is a little strange to see how folders are created and media is synced, but if you get used to it, its ok

I hope this helps you guys, buying or not ;)
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  2. shatteredzman

shatteredzman New Member

Everyone seems to love their phone. Its driving my CRAZY that I still have to wait!!! I cant get mine until its released in Argentina. I am so tempted to just buy the European milestone even though I wont get 3G.
  3. RinTinTigger

RinTinTigger Premium Member Premium Member

Yeah, but without 3G this phone doesnt make a lot of sense to me as its best Pro is the SPEED!

Just wait a little longer, im sure they rush it into Christmas shopping ;)
  4. shatteredzman

shatteredzman New Member

I am using a G1 without 3G and its not too bad considering I have wifi just about everywhere I go but I would love having internet radio in my car.
    I have read that it might get released on the 7th of December, but then I have to find out where to buy it! I have taken very good care of my G1 and I dropped it for the first time yesterday and scuffed a corner and the usb cover is starting to break. Its almost like the G1 is saying its time for a new phone.
Search tags for this page

pros &cons of motorola milestone 3