Stupid VZW

Big Cam

Reaction score
Well crud. Doubt they'll refund the $8.99 extra I paid for overnight shipping when I ordered about 30 minutes ago when I don't get that phone tomorrow.
They were already out of stock when you ordered. "insert facepalm"

spurscar

Reaction score
Well, I'm not sure I can read a tracking number wrong on Fedex's site that VZW emailed me that says it's already picked up in Memphis and lists the 30th as the delivery date.

Funny thing is I missed the picture of the phone that said 5/4 - why didn't it say that anywhere in the checkout process, who knows. Also, no idea if paying extra for overnight bumped my order in priority to cover themselves not more clearly stating 5/4 during the actual ordering process instead of just on a picture of a phone.

Long story short, I ordered this morning, it'll be here tomorrow before 3pm - awesome. :)

OP
M

Mishy

Reaction score
Well, I'm not sure I can read a tracking number wrong on Fedex's site that VZW emailed me that says it's already picked up in Memphis and lists the 30th as the delivery date.

Funny thing is I missed the picture of the phone that said 5/4 - why didn't it say that anywhere in the checkout process, who knows. Also, no idea if paying extra for overnight bumped my order in priority to cover themselves not more clearly stating 5/4 during the actual ordering process instead of just on a picture of a phone.

Long story short, I ordered this morning, it'll be here tomorrow before 3pm - awesome. :)

You probably didn't see the message because it wasn't there when you ordered or whatever you did. I checked today just to see if there were any reviews and it said it. A few days ago it didn't.

Last edited:

kmo

Reaction score
Wow I wonder how many actual phones flew off the shelves? Mine is sitting home waiting for me, loooong day at work knowing the INC. is just sitting there in a box, haha...

spurscar

Reaction score
Stupid friggin Fedex driver. Never made the delivery attempt - I know because I'm sitting here waiting.

All of the sudden "magically" at 2:57pm it's scaned as: Customer not available or business closed - Signature required.

My ass I'm not available - whatever. Lazy drivers.

Haha, nevermind - he just made a re-delivery (first delivery!) attempt... got my phone, biotches. :)

spurscar

Reaction score
Btw, it pays to call the 1-800 number for Fedex if this happens to you. Guess they tracked down the driver.

OP
M

Mishy

Reaction score
You are reading it wrong. They are out of stock so they will be shipping out on the 4th.

The initial orders did get sent out, but since they ran out, they won't get more stock until the 4th, they aren't holding phones until the 4th. Good Grief.

Actually the correct response to the first post on here is that the delivery notice online is for the online store, not to physical store. Thanks for playing, but you failed.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
You are reading it wrong. They are out of stock so they will be shipping out on the 4th.

The initial orders did get sent out, but since they ran out, they won't get more stock until the 4th, they aren't holding phones until the 4th. Good Grief.

Actually the correct response to the first post on here is that the delivery notice online is for the online store, not to physical store. Thanks for playing, but you failed.

He was saying the online store is out of stock as well. He didn't fail on nothing.

snappingfish

Reaction score
why are they waiting? IMHO

I got on the official site to see if there were any reviews yet and they have in big bold red letters that because of high demand, they're not shipping until the 4th of May. Effing stupid. If it has such a high demand, why are they waiting, instead of letting it go early? I was looking forward to a new phone today :dry:

The bean-counters know that a LOT of folks are still within their 30 trial on the Droid, so the longer they can excuse themselves from forking over the DINC, the more people will run past the 30 cut-off for exchange. The last thing vzw wants is a back room stacked up with 28 day old Moto Droids!

Just a hunch!
fish

AND, BTW .. I still have about 10 days left on MY thirty day trial, so I'm looking for feedback as to gettin an HTC. I REALLY love the M Droid, but if its better, its better! I see about 50/50 [yes-no] opinions so I'll just have to play it as it lies. See if any drastic new news comes out to tip the scales in favor of change.
fish

Last edited:

snappingfish

Reaction score
failed?

[FONT=&quot]There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.

I wasted 30% of my life in school. The other 60% was fun, though.[/FONT]

kenny1244

Reaction score
I am of the "I WANT IN NOW" Crowd. I just went to my Local VZW store and picked it up this morning.
The sales person even did my rebate for me. All I did was gripe a tiny bit about how I hate doing the rebates. :p

I never could do those pre-order things.

I am not complaining at all with my VZW experience. :icon_ banana:

This thing really is INCREDIBLE !!! :icon_ banana:

Oh, they gave me the 2 Gig micro SD card too. Free, Said the Incredible needed one to operate correctly.
yeah, me too. i just wandered into a VZW store and picked one up. i'm sitting on the rebate though, in case i end up taking it back (love the phone, waiting to see if the battery suits my lifestyle)