Demand is High for Blackberry PRIV Android Phone

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
blackberry-priv-nice-closeup-modes-green-backg.jpg

Even though some of us are skeptical of the Blackberry PRIV, it looks like demand for the phone is very good. According to sources, the Blackberry PRIV Android phone is already in a pseudo-back-ordered state on Blackberry's order site.

Early pre-orders for the PRIV already reached doorsteps on November 6th (and the phone became available in retail carrier stores at that time as well); however, if you were to order one from Blackberry's store now, it won't ship until November 23rd. Supposedly a spokesperson from Blackberry had this to say,
"We’ve begun fulfilling shipments as of November 6, but due to demand we’ve phased shipments and this is for next wave."
While this could simply mean that Blackberry didn't make very many devices at the start, this argument rings hollow considering their "all-in" attitude and approach from public statements. It seems likely that Blackberry projected a healthy response but came up shy as demand outpaced their projections.

What do you folks think? After reading @pc747's excellent and honest review of the Blackberry PRIV, do you think Blackberry has a legitimate shot and success with this device? Will it hit mainstream appeal or be relegated to niche appeal to the die-hard, old-school BB fans?

Even if these initial demand reports are accurate, it could still go either way. Here's our dedicated section for further discussion: Blackberry PRIV | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: PhoneArena

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
blackberry-priv-nice-closeup-modes-green-backg.jpg

Even though some of us are skeptical of the Blackberry PRIV, it looks like demand for the phone is very good. According to sources, the Blackberry PRIV Android phone is already in a pseudo-back-ordered state on Blackberry's order site.

Early pre-orders for the PRIV already reached doorsteps on November 6th (and the phone became available in retail carrier stores at that time as well); however, if you were to order one from Blackberry's store now, it won't ship until November 23rd. Supposedly a spokesperson from Blackberry had this to say,

While this could simply mean that Blackberry didn't make very many devices at the start, this argument rings hollow considering their "all-in" attitude and approach from public statements. It seems likely that Blackberry projected a healthy response but came up shy as demand outpaced their projections.

What do you folks think? After reading @pc747's excellent and honest review of the Blackberry PRIV, do you think Blackberry has a legitimate shot and success with this device? Will it hit mainstream appeal or be relegated to niche appeal to the die-hard, old-school BB fans?

Even if these initial demand reports are accurate, it could still go either way. Here's our dedicated section for further discussion: Blackberry PRIV | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: PhoneArena
I don't think anyone who wants one will have a problem getting one from best buy or att. As I said in a similar thread, I was coming from a nexus 6 running marshmallow, I am sure my issues with lag may not be as big an issue coming from someone with an older bb or something like a s3. Plus they can probably clean up some of that in a software update.

If you are one who have been dying for a keyboard I highly recommend you check it out. So if you are on the fence take different reviews in account and try it out for yourself. You have 14 days to play with it and decide if it is right for you. Hey you may end up liking it and at the end of the day the only opinion that matters is yours (the buyer).

I know I had nothing but bad to say about Samsung all year and well I'm eating crow right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6